FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512827 times)

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3675 on: Jul 11, 2020, 09:27 AM »
Thanks.

I was referencing the weeds outside the bed. Have some skate to lay down around them but haven’t found the time.

Time with the princess camping is priceless. While she still likes her dad...

seamonkey84

« Reply #3676 on: Jul 11, 2020, 10:13 AM »
Update pic of my still expanding container garden. I’ve added a few more raspberry varieties and hot peppers to the mix in the last couple weeks.

Babycake Blackberry (primocane fruiting) is forming flower buds

Serrano peppers are developing

Hopefully the birds don’t get it, Going to be tasing the first berries off my raspberry shortcake very soon. The single fall gold raspberry is still ripening 1-3 berries every other day or so.

Strawberry runners are rooting well and starting to grow, so I’ll be cutting them from the mother any day now. Also setting first set of fruit for me.

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3677 on: Jul 11, 2020, 11:02 AM »
Coming along nicely!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3678 on: Jul 11, 2020, 02:21 PM »
Never saw this before.  Went to walk out my basement door and saw a chipmunk right outside scurrying around so i ran to get the bb gun.  Should have gotten my phone.  There were 3 slugs on the ground.  It checked them all out and went back and picked one up and started eating it like an icecream cone...  :o :o
 By time i put the gun down and ran and got my phone it ate the whole thing... :o :o :o
You can see the white ring left on the ground in front of it....
 And you can see a slug it passed up in the other picture..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3679 on: Jul 11, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Very strange indeed.

I've trapped and transferred 5 in e last week. Damned things keep digging up my potted plants and gardens. Been pulling clumps of sunflowers everywhere.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3680 on: Jul 11, 2020, 02:55 PM »
Never saw this before.  Went to walk out my basement door and saw a chipmunk right outside scurrying around so i ran to get the bb gun.  Should have gotten my phone.  There were 3 slugs on the ground.  It checked them all out and went back and picked one up and started eating it like an icecream cone...  :o :o
 By time i put the gun down and ran and got my phone it ate the whole thing... :o :o :o
You can see the white ring left on the ground in front of it....
 And you can see a slug it passed up in the other picture..

Did you shoot it after the pics?

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3681 on: Jul 11, 2020, 03:01 PM »
Didnt have to.
 The black panther was stalking it.. 8)
Think shes waiting for another one.. ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3682 on: Jul 11, 2020, 03:44 PM »
That’s a nice weapon to have!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3683 on: Jul 11, 2020, 04:34 PM »
Not fond of cats, but, a cat that knows it's job is worth something.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #3684 on: Jul 11, 2020, 05:02 PM »
Here’s my garden after a week of neglect due to camping, with another 4 days of neglect starting Monday as we are back camping. Pardon the weeds, those will be taken care of after Tropical Storm Fay passes through.

The Forrest of Tomato Plants. Lots of flowers, some green tomatoes in there so far

Brussel Sprouts (for the princess’s pet rabbit) and tomatoes

Pickles on the left, green beans on the right

Hot peppers

Jalapeño peppers and tomatoes (opposite side of the Brussel sprouts)

Stupid question since I am new to gardening. The ground doesn't get too hot under the black plastic? Also seems like a lack of cultivating would be a negative. But apparently not. How do you get water to the plants?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

filetandrelease

« Reply #3685 on: Jul 11, 2020, 05:11 PM »
 My Tomato plants were miss marked but I’m happy with the results , so firm and tasty at 10.34oz , also put up 3 jars of garlic dills as the cukes are doing well 

taxid

« Reply #3686 on: Jul 11, 2020, 05:23 PM »
My Tomato plants were miss marked but I’m happy with the results , so firm and tasty at 10.34oz , also put up 3 jars of garlic dills as the cukes are doing well 

Very nice! I don't have any ripe tomatoes yet, but I do have plenty on the vine!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3687 on: Jul 11, 2020, 05:28 PM »
Fred they should have been marked "Good to eat when Red" ...     :laugh:

filetandrelease

« Reply #3688 on: Jul 11, 2020, 05:49 PM »
Fred they should have been marked "Good to eat when Red" ...     :laugh:
Lmao , you got a  point There , but I was expecting early girls

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3689 on: Jul 11, 2020, 11:04 PM »
Stupid question since I am new to gardening. The ground doesn't get too hot under the black plastic? Also seems like a lack of cultivating would be a negative. But apparently not. How do you get water to the plants?

Great observation. It’s actually landscaping cloth, which is porous so there’s no issue when watering.

I never gave much thought as to whether there is an issue with the temperature of the soil. But I have very little issues with weeds in the beds, which is a huge plus.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.