FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big water perch....  (Read 14883 times)

staubsaugen

Re: Big water perch....
« Reply #45 on: Jul 11, 2020, 05:35 AM »
Steelhead on perch rod!!!  There is nothing better ;D  Did it take you down to the knot on the spool?
Just about! Fortunately, it turned and ran back toward us, before spooling him.

indianahooker

« Reply #46 on: Jul 11, 2020, 07:44 AM »
yea we went out.  we limited out in 2hours after finding them and getting set up. the 2 of us couldn't keep up with the bites.  the school was huge under us.  about 4-5ft of perch off the bottom.  didn't keep anything under 11" biggest was 14.  sorry my boat cameras batteries must have died over the winter.  maybe pics next time.  18 feet of water, on 3/8oz jig with twistertails drug on the bottom.  after we sacrificed a couple of the first fish for meat strip trailers we got bigger hits.   

Spencerville

« Reply #47 on: Jul 11, 2020, 01:45 PM »
yea we went out.  we limited out in 2hours after finding them and getting set up. the 2 of us couldn't keep up with the bites.  the school was huge under us.  about 4-5ft of perch off the bottom.  didn't keep anything under 11" biggest was 14.  sorry my boat cameras batteries must have died over the winter.  maybe pics next time.  18 feet of water, on 3/8oz jig with twistertails drug on the bottom.  after we sacrificed a couple of the first fish for meat strip trailers we got bigger hits.

Interesting... glad you had a good trip.

Spencerville

« Reply #48 on: Jul 11, 2020, 01:57 PM »
Got 4 days off starting Monday....then back to back 6 day weeks (vacation coverage). Hopefully  a good perch bite after that. Would love to go back and camp a few days with my boy and hopefully a friend and his son. We did last year...didnt so well on the fish but had a great time. Been years since we had camped.

Spencerville

« Reply #49 on: Jul 11, 2020, 02:00 PM »
Just looking at the forecast... 8mph n wind... 2 footers... is that really a bad forecast for smaller boats?

Daybreak

« Reply #50 on: Jul 11, 2020, 02:34 PM »
I usually only go out in my 17' Lund vee when the wind is out of the south and the waves are showing 1' or less.  The wakes you get from other boats can be worse than the waves sometimes, as I remember.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

RoeBoat

« Reply #51 on: Jul 16, 2020, 12:48 PM »
Any updates? Might try Michigan city this weekend.

abishop

« Reply #52 on: Jul 16, 2020, 02:07 PM »
Last night there were 8 footers with strong north winds. I was planning on going after work in the morning, but, now I am going on Saturday instead. Hopefully, the lake will be back to where it was before the blow.

RoeBoat

« Reply #53 on: Jul 16, 2020, 03:06 PM »
Wow, 8 footers!  Hopefully it calms down, thinking about maybe Sunday.  Good luck if you go.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #54 on: Jul 17, 2020, 05:40 AM »
Saw that Washington pk beach is closed ,I the boat launch closed also or can you still put a boat in

MC_angler

« Reply #55 on: Jul 17, 2020, 06:08 AM »
Saw that Washington pk beach is closed ,I the boat launch closed also or can you still put a boat in

Trail Creek Marina is still open

Wow, 8 footers!  Hopefully it calms down, thinking about maybe Sunday.  Good luck if you go.

According to the MC Buoy last night they topped out around 4 feet.  And they are around 1.5 right now.    Sunday looks a mite windy, if you can swing Saturday I'd think about going then

RoeBoat

« Reply #56 on: Jul 17, 2020, 08:37 AM »
From what I'm hearing I may just wait.  Sounds like it's going to be a crap shoot with the wind there has been the last couple of days.

abishop

« Reply #57 on: Jul 17, 2020, 01:26 PM »
I 2 am trying it tomorrow. Did anyone venture out today? How did you do?

RoeBoat

« Reply #58 on: Jul 21, 2020, 11:40 PM »
Anyone have a report?  Schedule to launch at MC early Saturday Lord willing!

MC_angler

« Reply #59 on: Jul 23, 2020, 06:59 AM »
Last few days have been spotty because the thermocline has been moving all over the place

It looks like it is starting to move a bit shallower and stabilize, so i would expect fishing to get better this weekend. Forecast looks pretty nice

https://glbuoys.glos.us/45170

You can see as of right now (8 AM eastern) the thermocline is between 36 and 39 feet deep. Most of the perch should be shallower than 39 feet if that holds steady

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.