FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 524621 times)

taxid

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #5010 on: Jul 19, 2023, 07:19 AM »
Got rid of a few of my pepper plants and the one remaining is doing very well. The others just remained sickly no matter what I did. I really think they were poor quality from the get go. I felt like Jesus and the fig tree as in, if you're not going to produce then you're out of here!

A few of my baby corn seeds didn't germinate. I'll try a different company next time or just use regular sweet corn and harvest it early.

Everything else in the garden is going gangbusters as in corn, lettuce, tomatoes, and zucchini. My baby corn should be harvestable soon.

I did miss one zucchini and it got as large as a small baseball bat. I still don't know how I missed it! I like to harvest them before they get that big!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinator

« Reply #5011 on: Jul 19, 2023, 09:36 AM »
It's funny how giant zuchini, yellow squash and Cucumbers can hide. Wife makes zuchini bread out of the ones I miss.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5012 on: Jul 19, 2023, 12:07 PM »
Beans like to hide out too. You think you’ve got them all and you find 10 that went to seed.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

62 & Done

« Reply #5013 on: Jul 20, 2023, 09:51 AM »
My squash plants are so big a watermelon could hide in there.  Picked 2 more gallons of raspberries' last night (just couldn't stand to watch them go to waste) up to 11 gal now. Also visited a local Blue Berrie farm and picked a gallon, They were ok but a few bugs and they're a couple warm days from coming on real good.   3 egg omelet with yellow squash for breakfast this morning with squash bread and blue berries.   Life is good here

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5014 on: Jul 20, 2023, 03:14 PM »
Think I could hide in my lone zucchini plant. I learned not to plant too many of them. They produce like crazy when they get going.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5015 on: Jul 22, 2023, 08:58 AM »
I think I’ll have enough garlic for a while.

All hung up to dry for a while.

Really nice harvest this year.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5016 on: Jul 22, 2023, 12:32 PM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5017 on: Jul 22, 2023, 01:08 PM »
That’s not garlic. This is garlic.

Bartman44

« Reply #5018 on: Jul 22, 2023, 01:16 PM »
Indeed, that's a mighty haul. Good cooking to you. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5019 on: Jul 22, 2023, 02:06 PM »
Yeah. It’s really good.
Porterhouse and a burger for my Bride marinating.

Some roasted screwed new potatoes from the garden and steamed broccoli warming up in the bullpen.

I do love my garlic. It loves me back. Put the end of last years garlic in the food dehydrator a while ago. It’ll be my garlic powder for the year.

I’ll be eating that steak for a couple days. Don’t pound them like I used to.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5020 on: Jul 24, 2023, 08:23 AM »
I pulled 3 garlic from different parts of the bed and they look nice but only as big as golf balls.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5021 on: Jul 24, 2023, 09:19 AM »
I watered a lot this year when it started to get warm. Made a big difference. Mine are baseball sized. Can’t imagine what seed from this batch is gonna do next year.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5022 on: Jul 24, 2023, 10:34 AM »
I have watered good every morning but by time I get home at 4 the last thing I want to do is stand out in the sun.   It’s already to hot today…. 78*
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5023 on: Jul 24, 2023, 02:48 PM »
Can’t give an answer…..guess I just love my garlic……and….it loves me back.

Not bad for an old man.

piscesman

« Reply #5024 on: Jul 24, 2023, 07:06 PM »
Wife and I returned from vacation and checked the garden. Lots of tomatoes, beans, peppers and garlic. Golf ball size too. Didn't get over 6 hours per day of the sun though. Had to separate the tomatoes to give them all some more growing room. The Romas are excellent but on the small size. Definitely doing some different plants next year. Have lots of herbs but hardly cooked with them.
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.