FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 98755 times)

westernmas

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #135 on: Jul 02, 2019, 08:39 AM »
No hatch tonight and a much slower but satisfying bite.  Fished 2 miles or so...landed 19 nothing huge.  Couple of really nice looking brookies.

Odd they were hatching up near Riverton.  I got out for a little over an hour.  Needed to get out after a brutal monday at work.  Got some small rainbows on CDC emergers.  Switched to streamers and had a huge brown follow my fly but wouldn't commit.  Same spot I broke off that monster last year.  He might be a permanent resident of that area.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #136 on: Jul 02, 2019, 10:52 AM »
Odd they were hatching up near Riverton.  I got out for a little over an hour.  Needed to get out after a brutal monday at work.  Got some small rainbows on CDC emergers.  Switched to streamers and had a huge brown follow my fly but wouldn't commit.  Same spot I broke off that monster last year.  He might be a permanent resident of that area.

Im all done with up there until fall.  The numbers where I have been fishing have been 15-20 a night.  Hard pressed to get action like that where you fished. Bailing from work early to take advantage of the cloud cover.  Got a little crazy and have 40 tungsten jig flies on the way.  Ordered some higa sos's that I am excited to try.

westernmas

« Reply #137 on: Jul 02, 2019, 11:29 AM »
Im all done with up there until fall.  The numbers where I have been fishing have been 15-20 a night.  Hard pressed to get action like that where you fished. Bailing from work early to take advantage of the cloud cover.  Got a little crazy and have 40 tungsten jig flies on the way.  Ordered some higa sos's that I am excited to try.

Yeah if I have time I head further downstream but I'd rather have 30 more minutes of fishing versus driving.  Still tons of fish up that way from what I'm used so I'll take it.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #138 on: Jul 02, 2019, 02:08 PM »
Yeah if I have time I head further downstream but I'd rather have 30 more minutes of fishing versus driving.  Still tons of fish up that way from what I'm used so I'll take it.

So funny.  That's why I fished south because I didn't have to commute home burning time.  Now that changes in early August.  Moving.  Will be 10 mins from the Housatonic fly fishing zone. 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #139 on: Jul 02, 2019, 02:22 PM »

So funny.  That's why I fished south because I didn't have to commute home burning time.  Now that changes in early August.  Moving.  Will be 10 mins from the Housatonic fly fishing zone.

Your moving out even further west huh? Closer to them lakers I like it!  :P
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #140 on: Jul 02, 2019, 06:33 PM »
Your moving out even further west huh? Closer to them lakers I like it!  :P

Further away from the masses, yes.  Further from the lakers but thats alright. Ill take a longer drive to have peace and quiet.

Out this evening.  Double digits so far.  Grabbing a sandwich now and then back at it until sunset.  One large brown ran me across the river and hung the tag.  Oh well.  Yesterday I hung my point fly and the tag got smoked and the trout pulled the point fly out.  Win some, lose some.

Last fish of the evening was a giant sucker.  Shame because I thought I hooked a massive brown!

lowaccord66

« Reply #141 on: Jul 10, 2019, 09:32 PM »
Another solid evening.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #142 on: Jul 11, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Well done!
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #143 on: Jul 11, 2019, 10:36 AM »
Thanks Mike!

westernmas

« Reply #144 on: Jul 11, 2019, 11:00 AM »
Thats a beauty Jon.  I can't seem to get the big ones to hit something on the surface.  Got a small bow and decent brookie on a white CDC emerger.  Threw a solid 10 different dries and they'd only hit the emerger once I twitched under the surface.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #145 on: Jul 11, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Thats a beauty Jon.  I can't seem to get the big ones to hit something on the surface.  Got a small bow and decent brookie on a white CDC emerger.  Threw a solid 10 different dries and they'd only hit the emerger once I twitched under the surface.

You and I both!  Why I have stuck with the euro nymphing...I suck at dries. 

bogtrotter

« Reply #146 on: Jul 11, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Nice brookie.  But I like the brown even more.

lowaccord66

« Reply #147 on: Jul 11, 2019, 09:45 PM »
Nice brookie.  But I like the brown even more.

Me too Jim.  I appreciated that fish after having done the same drift quite a few times with one fly, I switched and boom a couple drifts later he smashed it.

icefisher47

« Reply #148 on: Jul 12, 2019, 08:32 AM »
Beautiful fish, Can’t wait for my surgeries to be over so I can try and learn how to fly fish.
Take a kid fishing

lowaccord66

« Reply #149 on: Jul 12, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Beautiful fish, Can’t wait for my surgeries to be over so I can try and learn how to fly fish.

Let me know happy to help.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.