FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513342 times)

filetandrelease

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1725 on: Oct 06, 2017, 07:00 AM »

Rg very nice ,my dad had a bed of night bloomers , once he counted 200 flowers wish I had a pic

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1726 on: Oct 06, 2017, 07:09 AM »
I'm definitely going to put in a big bed next spring. I've been studying different varieties to plant. These vines didn't produce a flower all summer. Now there's buds all over them.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1727 on: Oct 06, 2017, 07:13 AM »
Well you had the perfect moon last night for them.....
That thing was awesome....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1728 on: Oct 06, 2017, 01:42 PM »
Yeah...and the loonies were out in force today. Just got home and poured myself a bracer of Tito's . Mama's at my Daughter's for the weekend.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #1729 on: Oct 06, 2017, 04:59 PM »
First harvest of the season still more time to go.. Frost is not coming quick enough tons of roma tomatos a few meaning 4 total  beef steak tomatos a squash and 4 habenaro peppers .. all pictured time to make some blts or of the beef steaks sauce for canning out of the roma and spice something up with the habs ...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1730 on: Oct 14, 2017, 12:07 PM »
Winding down fast ,hard to keep up.. Green tomatoes are still turning red..
Some of my heirlooms are as big as softballs...
Plenty of cabbage for sourkrout....

[/url

[url=https://postimg.org/image/18yxj1ieiz/]

Front of house looks good..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1731 on: Oct 14, 2017, 03:25 PM »
Looks great Dom. All I have left is spinach and strawberries. I get a handful of berries every day and all the spinach we can eat.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1732 on: Oct 19, 2017, 11:56 AM »
I am done producing for 2017. Over the last 2 nights I have made habanero hot sauce and hot pepper jam. and we're still eating tomatoes in our salads. It's been a good year, even though the plants went in 24 days late

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1733 on: Oct 26, 2017, 05:04 PM »
Had a pleasant day gardening today. Cleaned up the flag pole and other plantings. Ended two of the flower boxes. Potted a couple of the English ivy and brought them indoors for the winter.

Emptied the garlic bed, turned it over and got my garlic in. Dug into the compost pile and mulched the asparagus and other raised beds.

I'm super pleased with the results of putting my garden and yard waste through the chipper shredder. As I was scooping the week old mulch out of the compost bin,  I noticed it was steaming hot. Grinding it up really sped up the process. I'll be shredding up all my leaves, lawn and garden waste from here out and expecting some great garden compost for next season.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1734 on: Oct 26, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Hmmmm. Rain all day here.   :)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

boondox

« Reply #1735 on: Oct 26, 2017, 10:28 PM »
Frost last night pulled the last of mine today..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1736 on: Oct 27, 2017, 03:01 AM »
It was beautiful here Bill. Low 50's and breezy with lots of sunshine.

I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas this morning. Been trying to get on Canandaigua lake all week. The wind has not cooperated at all and to top it off, the little red truck developed a u-joint disease on the way home from Honeoye Wednesday. I was thinking I wasn't gonna make it home. I took the back way home, avoided the big hills and babied it home. But, my faithful mechanic squeezed it for a new set yesterday and I'm hooked up and waiting for it to get light out. Last week it was in for a re-install of a power steering rack he put in 3k ago that started leaking like a sieve. That was a N/C, so I saved myself crawling under the truck and had him put new exhaust and e-brake cables.

Annual maintenance $440. Not bad really. Hopefully the perch will cooperate and I can get home in time to go get some campfire wood for tonight.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #1737 on: Oct 27, 2017, 08:43 AM »

Hope you had good luck RG

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1738 on: Oct 28, 2017, 04:56 AM »
I did have some luck. The wind chased me off around 11:30 but, I ended up with half a bucket of perch for the freezer. No monsters, oll in the 9-10" range. Couldn't really drift (which is how I prefer to fish) too much wind. So it was poke the bow into the wind, anchor up and rock and roll.

Came home and made a pot of chili. My Son came over last night and we had chili by the campfire.

Today it's leaf patrol. Gonna frustrate some neighbors with the noise of machinery ;)

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #1739 on: Oct 28, 2017, 05:28 AM »

RG that’s plenty of perch to clean , they will make some nice meals , 🍽

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.