FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WNY Marine Stores  (Read 2705 times)

blaque

WNY Marine Stores
« on: May 08, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Hey guys, Drydock marine is pretty much the closest thing to me and I often fall on them for my boating needs without much shopping around. Wondering if anyone has any advice for any other dealers in the area as far as lower prices, or even just a general customer service preference. West Marine seems to be the big guy in the area.

blaque

Re: WNY Marine Stores
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 11:00 AM »
Yeah its been years, but ive been there. Have to check them out again. By the way Mac, i predicted youd be the first to repond to this lol. You seem to do alot of tinkering with your vessels. Thanks bud. Got an alternator priced at 150 from drydock, and 133.25 from West........both re-fab. Over 200 for the new builds? The bite in the arse is that the alternator didnt go, i stripped out the thread on the alt.  that mounts the alt. on the swing bracket. Freakin aluminum. Thought about drillin the next size up and retappin it, but its the original alt. from an 85 dynasty, the boats a champ and has performed flawlessly for the last 22 years .....i should spend a few bucks on her lol

blaque

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Oh yeah, almost forgot to Knock on Wood "Knock Knock Knock"  :-\ :-\

blaque

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 12:51 PM »
I didnt know that, i dont know exactly what you said though, something about guarded sparks lol. I think your boss must have caught you in the middle of typing or something. lol.

Anyway, no i didnt try rocky bottom. Ill give him a bell

blaque

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 10:04 AM »
THanks Mac, i ended up getting one at west marine for 130......Talked to the guy that works parts there , he used to work at Boats U.S. , and he told me to go with the refurbed. But it was definitely a marine alt.

Thanks Mac

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Yeah don't wanrt to rely on the blower that most people never use.
Mac you ever hear a engine cover blow? KINDA LOUD.
Hear one across conesus years ago though someone missed the 4th by a month.
CME also do mail order and have some different products in the warehouse.
AWESOME PLACE. PS the is a great taco joint across the street called Lone Star. Get the guacamole?
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.