FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boat Trailer Axle Repair Business Name Needed  (Read 4673 times)

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
Boat Trailer Axle Repair Business Name Needed
« on: Mar 23, 2004, 07:54 AM »
I cringe to even ask but does anyone know a specific business around Rochester that can get all the parts for a new axle. (I have heard of some place on Jefferson Rd, but don't know the name)

I need spindles, the axle itself, hubs, bearings, springs and even tires. Basically everything.

Went to re pack the bearings for the first time and low and behold the last owner must have lost a wheel at one time, funny he never said so. Glad I found it now instead of on the road....

Don't say Ballantyne Marine because they are dropping the ball as we speak.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

seaweed01

Re: Boat Trailer Axle Repair Business Name Needed
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:04 AM »
Jon,
It sounds like you need a new trailer.  By the time you buy all the indivudal items you listed plus labor.  It may be cheaper going "new".

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:13 AM »
Jon,

Bummer man. That sucks. Sounds like you need the whole thing. I don't know of any shops that specialize in that area but when I built my boat trailer I bought my axle and springs from either JC Whitney or Harbor Freight Tools mail order. Can't remember which. It was like 7 years ago or something.

It came with the standard 1" axle and Timken bearings, bearing buddies, spindles, hubs, rims and tires, and lug nuts. The leaf springs and long U-bolts were a sperate order but were from the same company. Pretty sure everything including shipping was around $275.

Hope this helps in some way. If you can't find a shop. Give them a try.

L8ter
Harold
Harold

Fish Stick

• Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:15 AM »
Try northerntool.com, they sell complete axle's.
If your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like nails.

can_of_worms

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:26 AM »
Northern tool is a good one as said above I think Tractor supply has complete sets in their stores, there is a place in Farmington also hook rd or beaver creek rd. Seagar marina at the pier on Canandaigua. Good luck

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:52 AM »
Good ideas thanks guys.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2004, 09:17 AM »
Jon, a little drive for you, but you can try Davis' Trailer World at the intersection of routes 20 and 36 in the town of York.  I had them price an axle for my Stratos I had a couple years ago and the price didn't seem bad.  I only had a bent axle, and didn't end up fixing it, but the price wasn't bad.

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2004, 09:44 AM »
Noel, Never thought about Davis...I drive by there sometimes to see my bud in York. I will keep it in mind if this ever happens again, which with all brabd new now it should not for a while.

I have the solution all in place now and the parts will all be here in 1-2 days. Should be ready by the weekend after I put the mess back together. Thanks again guys!

The boat does not like being in the air on cider blocks, Somehow I can hear her saying that to me.  ;D

Jon

yukon166

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2004, 10:52 AM »
You may want to try Brads Trailer on Lyell Ave Rochester, just east of 390. They are a big operation.

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2004, 10:56 AM »
Thanks Yukon, I hope to have no more problems but its good to know in case I do. This website is so great for coming up with information needed quick.

btw Yukon welcome to the board.

Jon

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2004, 06:05 PM »
Jon, Nyles trailers in Fairport on RT 31...or Brads on Lyell ave.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

waterdawg14622

« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2004, 10:34 PM »
Buy a new one from Ballantyne.....I just bought one there.....a real nice trailer.......best price around.
Jeff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.