FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bow opinions  (Read 7321 times)

esox slayer

Re: Bow opinions
« Reply #15 on: Aug 02, 2006, 01:21 PM »
I bought the Darton "viper" model 10 years ago and love it...no complaints..very quiet....stays tuned...a nice flat shooter....no complaints at all with it...Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

big j 2520

• Watch out!!! Got the fishing bling workin'!!!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 02, 2006, 09:34 PM »
I shoot a PSE diamondback. It's been a pretty good bow. A couple of years ago I had the top axle blow out of  the limb. Luckily it stayed on the front side limb. Anyways while I was at the pro shop I tried Hoyt V-tec. I thought it was an awsome bow. It was very smooth for the rad cams on it. It was also light weight and conpacked. But like a few other people have said try them. It's your money. Good luck Wish I could get a bow. :'(

Big J
Sorry hun, I forgot my cell and lost track time.

hunters08

« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2006, 11:03 PM »
I have a pse fire storm lite short compact bow very fast and very flat shooting! The only problem i found is the vanes from my arrow would hit the string with any rest other than a fall away rest. still cost around 500.00 but that is a couple hundred less than matthews.
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

Pikeguy

« Reply #18 on: Aug 08, 2006, 07:11 AM »
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm heading to Gander Mtn tonight to take a look at Parkers and whatever else they've got there. I'll definitely update this after that ;)

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #19 on: Aug 08, 2006, 07:14 AM »
too bad you don't have an l.l.beans pikeguy. it's a great place to try new things ;)

devil-man

« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2006, 07:16 AM »
I'm heading to Gander Mtn tonight...

What is it? A four hour drive?  ;)

Pikeguy

« Reply #21 on: Aug 08, 2006, 07:29 AM »
What is it? A four hour drive?  ;)

Ha! Not quite. It's about an hour & 10 though.  ;)

Pikeguy

« Reply #22 on: Aug 09, 2006, 08:05 AM »
Got a sweet deal last night at Scheels all sports. Got a Parker Hornet, all set up with with a really nice fall away rest, quiver, nice fiber optic sight, Braided sling, silencer package, string loop, kisser button and peep sight for 324 dollars after they gave me 200 bucks for the old PSE that I had. Somebody had them set it all up, shot it once and returned it because he couldn't afford it. They had to mark it down as used since he took it home and shot it.  ;D

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 09, 2006, 08:16 AM »
sounds great pg. have you shot it yet?

Pikeguy

« Reply #24 on: Aug 09, 2006, 08:19 AM »
sounds great pg. have you shot it yet?

It was dark out when I got home, but I shot it at Scheels in their little range. Shoots incredibly fast IMO  ;D

archbishop

« Reply #25 on: Aug 09, 2006, 08:52 AM »
It was dark out when I got home, but I shot it at Scheels in their little range. Shoots incredibly fast IMO  ;D

good job, parkers are a good bow, IMHO the best bow on the market is the one you shoot confident, like i said about the matthews breaking, if i were to shoot a matthews that would always be in the back of my mind, so it would never shoot as good as a $150 PSE ??? as long as your comfortable, itll shoot great and kill deer :tipup:

Pikeguy

« Reply #26 on: Aug 09, 2006, 10:28 AM »
Here she is. It really needs to be sighted in soon ;)  It is a little loud, but I can probably get her quieted down easy enough.

archbishop

« Reply #27 on: Aug 09, 2006, 10:39 AM »
easy to quiet it down, you already have dampers, all you need is string leeches ot whiskers :tipup:

also something to think of, get rid of your rest and get a whisker biscuit :tipup:

Pikeguy

« Reply #28 on: Aug 09, 2006, 10:49 AM »
It's got leeches on it now, I've always had whiskers. I considered the whisker bisquit...but I've heard that you lose accuracy. Any insight on that? I do feel that the rest is making alot of the noise as I think the pins makes contact with the bottom piece when it drops.

archbishop

« Reply #29 on: Aug 09, 2006, 10:57 AM »
It's got leeches on it now, I've always had whiskers. I considered the whisker bisquit...but I've heard that you lose accuracy. Any insight on that? I do feel that the rest is making alot of the noise as I think the pins makes contact with the bottom piece when it drops.

just set the biscuit up like you would with any other rest, put it to a paper test to make sure theres no wiggle and your good, you dont have to worry about your arrow falling off the rest, theres no noise, and i have never had an accuracy problem, majority of people i know use them, if you want more insite go over to myhuntingforum and read up on what they say, the biscuit is #1 over there :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.