FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lazer eye surgery poll  (Read 4872 times)

akdg

lazer eye surgery poll
« on: Aug 30, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Who here has had their eye's fixed with laser surgery?  Are you happy with the results?  Good stories-bad stories, let me hear your experiences.  I'm seriously thinking of having it done. :-\

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
Re: lazer eye surgery poll
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Not me, but my dad had it done.  He loves it.  He still needs reading glasses though.  I guess that's the result of being in the 60's.

Fishingking

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2006, 08:57 PM »
as much as I really dont like my glasses I would never let anyone lazer off pieces of my eye    I have heard some horror stories about it     like being more blind a couple of years after having it done. I dont like new things unless its been researched through out someones lifetime becuase then they know what really happens when you get older. I cant stand the 10-20 yr studies argh
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

skundl

« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2006, 09:03 PM »
I had it done in 2001 and was told that I would be trading nearsightedness for longsightedness.   Since I didn't like driving with glasses, going to sporting events, and with all the time I spend in the woods it made since to have it done.  I do need glasses to read but I can otherwise see really good.  I can now see so much more hunting , etc.  I have had no problems and now have 20/15 vision.  Good luck on what ever you do.

turkeyhunter10ga

« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Having to wear glasses for the last 40 yrs i thought about it but all it would take is 1 mistake and be blinded for life. no thanks i'd rather wear the glasses. even if you could sue for the mistake, it wont bring back the eyesight.

akdg

« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Had it done today and am very happy/impressed ;D ;D  If anyone ever has any questions  just pm me and I'll tell you what I know.  AKDG

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2006, 08:16 PM »
hey bud...here's hoping the corrective eye surgery lasts with no ill effects....Grump  :thumbup_smilie:

OTIS

« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2006, 08:10 AM »
Did you have it done locally, or up in Canada?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

tucker

• central NY, heart of tax and spend
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2006, 08:24 AM »
was thinking of getting done myself.  Hate glasses during hunting, and am always worried about them doing down the ice hole.

akdg

« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2006, 08:19 PM »
Had it done in NY.  Am 20/20 in both eyes now :thumbup_smilie:  You don't even want to know how many pairs of glasses I have lost in the water :w00t:

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #10 on: Sep 23, 2006, 08:29 PM »
yeah well I had it done a few years back and now look at me. Friends call me dead eye ;D

Just bugging ya AKDG ;D. I have heard alot of good things about having it done.

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #11 on: Sep 23, 2006, 08:42 PM »
Ive seen a few people have it done and they all went blind,Dont do it!!!!

esox slayer

« Reply #12 on: Sep 23, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Ive seen a few people have it done and they all went blind,Dont do it!!!!

Your supposed attempt at humor is not going to be found very amusing, as I'm sure your about to find out....
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

piscesman

« Reply #13 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:11 PM »
A friend of mine had it done 10+ years ago. No ill affects. I can't have it done due to cataracts forming in one eye. Not sure if I ever would. Have near sightedness now. Not sure if I really want to see whats really out there with good vision.
    Kim :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #14 on: Sep 24, 2006, 07:05 AM »
Your supposed attempt at humor is not going to be found very amusing, as I'm sure your about to find out....

Are you off your meds again.. ???  I know of 3 people personaly that had that treatment done,My mom as one.It ruined her eyes,made the second guy blind in both eyes.The third person had it done on just one eye and she went blind in that eye soon after.How could I recomend that treatment to anyone after that,in exception to you. ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.