FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: the Chase  (Read 24480 times)

grumpymoe

the Chase
« on: Sep 10, 2006, 08:15 PM »
constantly reminded through the race and before about where everyone had to be to be in the Chase....seem to recall them saying that Jeff Gordon had to finish 25th or better to be guaranteed a spot....so what the heck happened without going into the math?....he finished 31st and clinched a spot over Tony Stewart who finished 18th and is out.....the 24 car doesnt deserve to be in the chase....Earnhardt worked his butt off with only front brakes and deserved his shot.....imagine pumping the brake pedal on each straightaway just to be able to make the turns without losing too many positions....nice to see Kasey make his way in.....and Harvick close the door on the snot nosed Kyle Busch for the win.....also nice to see Ken Schrader leading for at least a few and holding down a top ten spot.......will be interesting to see what Nascar does to Jeff Green on the second black flag for deliberately spinning out JJ.....all in all..it was a race without a dull moment....Grump

esox slayer

Re: the Chase
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2006, 08:22 PM »
I was wondering the same thing about Jeffie....all they talked of last night was 25th, so as the laps were winding down and he was 31st...I was hoping there would be no last lap accidents, ANYTHING that could let him advance past 25th, and then here he finishes way past 25th and gets in....what the hey???

Lots of good driving by many, lots of determination by others to not give up, and some good efforts that fell short...one of the better races of the year, even disregarding the fact that this race set the chase members...Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

archbishop

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2006, 08:36 PM »
25th was to clinch no matter what, no matter hwere anyone else finished if jeff finished 25th or better he was guaranteed a spot, he had enough points to finish 9th in the points before the race, no math needed, he was in 4th place going into the race, say harvick would have wrecked in the race and finished out of the race, no matter where anyone else finished they would all be in :tipup: tony had a horrible past couple weeks and ended up short in richmond :tipup: gordon, JR and martin all finished out of where they would have clinched a spot :tipup: why doesnt gordon deserve to be in? he has the most points over the past 10 races? what has stewart done over the past 10 races? SQUAT, thats why he dropped from what, 3rd to 11th where he is now, and gordon went from 13th to 4th, and finished after richmond in 9th :tipup:

kinda like in football at the end of the year, if x team wins they clinch, but if they loose and y team looses, they can still get in :tipup:

esox slayer

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2006, 08:46 PM »
I knew you'd have the answer Arch,,,,,

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2006, 09:06 PM »
thanks for the very simple clarification Arch.....I knew I didnt get enough sleep last night....I'll get my calculator and brain in gear tomorrow and see if I can figure out just what X and Y means lol....Grump

archbishop

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2006, 09:23 PM »
lol, you know what im talking about, even if tony couldve passed 5 more cars, he still wouldnt have bumped out gordon, he wouldve bumped kahne out of the chase :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2006, 09:26 PM »
I knew you'd have the answer Arch,,,,,

heck yeah, when your guy gets that close, especially at a track he has notoriously bad finishes at, you do all the scenarios throughout the race, lol, i have no fingernails left after that one :laugh:

heck gordon was 6 positions away from being knocked out, and 1 position away from 7th and 3 from 6th place, that just says it all, the last 5 to get in where really nervous all the way to checkered flag :tipup:

esox slayer

« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2006, 06:31 AM »
heck yeah, when your guy gets that close, especially at a track he has notoriously bad finishes at, you do all the scenarios throughout the race, lol, i have no fingernails left after that one :laugh:

heck gordon was 6 positions away from being knocked out, and 1 position away from 7th and 3 from 6th place, that just says it all, the last 5 to get in where really nervous all the way to checkered flag :tipup:

I've got to admit, the one thing Jeffie is consistent on is his finishes at Richmond....Arch, thats about as close to a compliment as you'll ever get from me about Flame Boy....

I think a lot of the race would have been more fender banging IF there would have been a couple more possible contenders for the chase, but since it was just a race for the top 11 going in, I think it may have contributed to a quieter race.  If positions 11-15 all had the shot of making the final 10, we may have seen more bump and runs, fender banging, etc....

Even though it was a good race, with JJ and Kenseth having a lock and then Harvick locking in as soon as the first 2 cars dropped out, the race basically was about positions 4-11, besides who would eventually win the race of course.

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2006, 01:06 PM »

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2006, 02:14 PM »
I'm glad the 8 and 9 cars are in. Now I'm just not sure who to root for....lol...So happy that f'in Stweart is out. He really ticks me off. We shall see how she goes....also good to see the "old guy" in the hunt and another good ol boy, Jimmie Johnson.....New Hampshire on the 17th.

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

archbishop

« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2006, 02:20 PM »
good ol' boy jimmy johnson ???
hes from california ???

big j 2520

• Watch out!!! Got the fishing bling workin'!!!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Arch,

I think PGKris is talking about the New Hampshire race. Cause very good Jimmie fan knows he's from California.

The Chase is about the whole season. Not the last race. I have a  feeling Jeff G. work hard for his spot in the chase. IMHO

By the way

GO JIMMIE JOHNSON
Sorry hun, I forgot my cell and lost track time.

PGKris

« Reply #12 on: Sep 12, 2006, 04:32 PM »
New Hampshire is the next race in the Nextel series....what chase were you talking about? Jimmie Johnson loves to fish, you didn't know that? Loves to salmon fish....

Sailing team

archbishop

« Reply #13 on: Sep 12, 2006, 06:17 PM »
New Hampshire is the next race in the Nextel series....what chase were you talking about? Jimmie Johnson loves to fish, you didn't know that? Loves to salmon fish....

i was talking about the statement that you made saying anothe good 'ol boy was in the race, jimmy johnson ???
not sure about canada but a good 'ol boy here is generally refered to as someone from the south, mostly southeast and jimmy is from northern california :tipup: yes i knew he liked to fish, so does everyone in nascar, hell gordon has a monster boat he takes people out on fishing, but youll never here anyone, me included call him a good 'ol boy :tipup:

you dont call candians, yankees do you :laugh:

PGKris

« Reply #14 on: Sep 12, 2006, 06:24 PM »
Good ol boy means one of us to me lol. Didn't know it had regional implications :P

Sailing team

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.