FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How bout them Lions?  (Read 15260 times)

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
How bout them Lions?
« on: Sep 11, 2006, 09:10 AM »
Yesterdays game was better than expected I guess.  The defense held Seattle to only 3 field goals.
But the offense looked very much the same as previous years.  What a farce this team is.
Where are the supposed all star receivers?  Jon Kitna looks no better than Joey.  I'm predicting a 3-13 season.
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

archbishop

Re: How bout them Lions?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2006, 09:12 AM »
dont put stock in anything you see in week 1 :-\ alot of bad teams looked good, alot of good teams looked bad, wait until week 2 or 3 we will see what everyone is going to be made of :tipup: although its still impressive to hold alexander under 100 yards and no TD's for the seattle O, its only week 1, but hey, if your a lions fan pretty good :clapping:

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2006, 09:21 AM »
I am a Lions fan and I'm ready to see them win a few games.  I was very impressed with their D yesterday.
But the offense just didn't show up.  Kevin Jones is a bright spot.  He looks like a powerful elusive runner.  I wish the Lions would get out of that stupid 3 RB rotation.  Put Jones in and leave him in.
care for a warm up?

archbishop

« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2006, 09:24 AM »
I am a Lions fan and I'm ready to see them win a few games.  I was very impressed with their D yesterday.
But the offense just didn't show up.  Kevin Jones is a bright spot.  He looks like a powerful elusive runner.  I wish the Lions would get out of that stupid 3 RB rotation.  Put Jones in and leave him in.

well at least they wont finish last with green bay in the division :laugh:

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2006, 09:34 AM »
well at least they wont finish last with green bay in the division :laugh:

GB now there is a joke of a team.  What happened?  Favre is now officially a "has been"
care for a warm up?

archbishop

« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2006, 09:40 AM »
GB now there is a joke of a team.  What happened?  Favre is now officially a "has been"

like i said, its just week 1, although that is the first shut out at home in favres history :-\ but we all know brett is a better QB than that, it looked more like he had young or inexperienced receivers than he did bad, most of his throws were so far off,it had to be a miscommunication on the routes? i doubt green bay will win much this year, but i cant put it all on the old man, i think, as hard as it is to say, that brett needs a new atmosphere, hes a green bay icon, but if he stays, everyone is going to say hes a has been :tipup:

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Driver is a veteran receiver.  He was hardly even involved with that game. 

Maybe the Lions will pick up Favre.  They have a way of ruining QB's.  I do like Marinelli's philosophy of a good hard running game.  This west coast offense crap the Lions have been trying to pull off is a joke.  I'm glad someone finally realized that with this team.   
care for a warm up?

archbishop

« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2006, 09:49 AM »
i think if a team is smart they will take him if they have a young QB that needs a little grooming :tipup:

Pikeguy

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Driver is a veteran receiver.  He was hardly even involved with that game. 

Maybe the Lions will pick up Favre.  They have a way of ruining QB's.  I do like Marinelli's philosophy of a good hard running game.  This west coast offense crap the Lions have been trying to pull off is a joke.  I'm glad someone finally realized that with this team.   

I'll be at Lambeau Dec 17th when GB crushes the Lions...It'll be fun...I just hope Farve is still the QB...(for GB)  ;)

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2006, 11:18 AM »
I watched some of the game. I was impressed with the D. I just dont think theyll continue to preform at that level. Its just soo hard for me root for that team cause they let me down every time.
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2006, 11:51 AM »
I was hoping our buddy Drew Sharp would have a good write up on the game. 
But he didn't.  He's usually pretty good at voicing the fans' frustrations with the team.
care for a warm up?

SleePac

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2006, 02:36 PM »
This guy's articles are always 100% right on.  The D looked great.  Kitna looked marginally better than JH.  Anyhow, I'm excited to see what happens in Chi-Town.

http://www.detroitlionsblog.com/

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2006, 02:46 PM »
I disagree about Kevin Jones not having breakaway ability.

Did you see how that guy made people miss him?  He is the only bright spot on the entire offensive side of the ball.  If they would get rid of that stupid 3 RB rotation and let him play I think he has great potential.
care for a warm up?

SleePac

« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Walleye chaser - yeah, I can't stand that goofy rotation deal.  KJ is getting hosed by not getting more downs.  Let him carry it....just not on 3rd down and 12 to go!  That stupid mentality has gotta go.

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2006, 02:50 PM »
They managed to drop that west coast offense crap.  Now if they would just get their running game together.
The D looked really good.  I think they had 5 sacks in that game.  Starting to look like the prime days of Porcher in there again.
care for a warm up?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.