FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pedal Boat  (Read 3005 times)

Big Burk

Pedal Boat
« on: Apr 17, 2007, 12:09 AM »
I got a pedal boat last fall for free and it suits my fishing styles pretty good, i fish a small river for the most part but it is also stable enough to handle some 2-3ft waves if one person is in it without some water splashing over and 2 with some water splashing over. i am installing some rod holders, fish finder mount, storage space where the back seats are which will also be able to use as a casting platform. i am going to buy a trolling motor for it so by the time im done working on it, it will be perfect for me and 1-2 buddies, we have fished 4 people in this befor on the river and if you cast side arm it isnt a big deal. anybody else use a pedal boat for fishing? i was in the market for a large canoe or small aluminum boat but the price was right on this. still looking for a cheap kayak for solo trips on the river so portage over the dam will be easier by myself any suggestions on a cheap but good kayak? i will post pics of the boat next week when i bring it back to start working on it.

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Re: Pedal Boat
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2008, 11:52 AM »
we use our paddle boat for trolling.  we either paddle or hook up a trolling motor if it is windy. We have caught a lot of fish just trolling a rubber worm behind the boat.

spearchucker

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 09:29 PM »
I have used mine before. It kind of fun when you hook into a mid sized pike, they actually pull the boat around.

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:54 AM »
I have used mine before. It kind of fun when you hook into a mid sized pike, they actually pull the boat around.

try being in a small kayak...... ::) it maks gill fishing quite interesting
Loren .W.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.