MyFishFinder By Species > Muskellunge

Understanding Tigers

(1/7) > >>

SPINNERBITE:
Need help w/ Norlunge. Are they characteristicly more like northerns or muskies?

Baits: Should I be using bass to northern size baits or muskie size baits.
          What would be some good baits to have on hand, to start

Time: Best time or times of the year to target them.

Location: I fish mainly rivers w/tigers in them.Main depth 12 ft. with deeper holes up to 20-30ft.
                Do they inhabit the same areas as pike, or do I have to fish for them differently?

ANY HELP, would be greatly appreciated.

SPINNERBITE:
C'mon, Nobody's got Nuthin ?
I not asking to be taken to your spots or nothing, just ,how about
sharing some information.

boatnik13:
They tend to follow the muskie life! They (in Pennsylvania ) are suppose to be sterile but they will make the same spawning run as the Muskie between March and May. They are found in the same area's of our lakes and not so much the cold water that N.pike like. I say go with Muskie as a guide line in the impoundments but as for rivers ? I don't know because N.Pike are more likely to be forced living in Muskie conditions.

SPINNERBITE:

--- Quote from: boatnik13 on Jan 12, 2008, 08:23 PM ---They tend to follow the muskie life! They (in Pennsylvania ) are suppose to be sterile but they will make the same spawning run as the Muskie between March and May. They are found in the same area's of our lakes and not so much the cold water that N.pike like. I say go with Muskie as a guide line in the impoundments but as for rivers ? I don't know because N.Pike are more likely to be forced living in Muskie conditions.

--- End quote ---

This is what I found out so far, and its not much. I have personally caught (my only one) at the end of May, have
had them show themselves during the heat of the summer,follows but no hits.Its awsome when they charge the boat.
Alot of guys that actually admitted catching them where on live bait under floats during the summer months, and
one guy admits he likes to troll for them deep diving thundersticks.
Nobody has responded that really has put time into fishing for them.
Its your typical river system with all the components that make up one.
I'm typically fishing for bass and northerns, I follow their seasonal movements from March till Dec.
so I'm fishing shallow to deep, drop off edges everything.
So I'm very well adapted to fishing for northerns, I can follow and find them throughout the year.
The fact that I'm not connecting with tigers is what leads me to believe that Tigers dont behave
pike or act like them. I believe I should be concentrating on them elsewhwere or differentely.
And then there is lure selection, they will FOLLOW spinnerbaits and Bass size cranks.
Should I be looking into small sized muskie , large size pike lures or should I go with the big
ones that they target SKIES with.
I bought a variety of in-line bucktails and used them throughout the fall, no Tigers but bass.
I need HELP! Trying to come up with aplan here.

Issiah:
I have done well on Tiger Muskies in Spring & Autum when the water Temps cool down under that 65 degree mark (Much Like Northerns)  But have also noticed that Tigers love Huge live minnows. While Pike fishing I sometimes would get carried away with the size of the minnows like using 14" Suckers; & would end up catching Tigers (Much Like Muskies).  I've had some real good late August Early Sept days casting Bucktails along Deeper Weed edges.  All that said; it seems that some one always nails a big one outta stocked lakes in the middle of summer with a spinnerbait, or other bass lure. I feel for yah; it really is hard finding info specific to Norlunge!!  It's not like there is a In Fisherman book for the Hybrid!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version