FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Polar Karft Boats  (Read 3218 times)

bugman1964

Polar Karft Boats
« on: Mar 26, 2008, 10:10 AM »
I was wondering if any of you folks might be familiar with Polar Kraft boats or more specifically the Dakota series. I am considering purchasing one a 16' deep v with a 20 hp yamaha. I have been shopping around and I have narrowed my choice to the Dakota and WC16 by Lund. Any info on the Polar Krafts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bugman1964

Re: Polar Karft Boats
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2008, 02:45 PM »
Jeez, not one response. Well I bought the polar kraft today and am picking it up next Saturday, come on open water.

gamefisher

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Mike G. has a Polar Kraft and I believe he is happy w/ it.

pshootr

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2008, 03:42 PM »
 :) ;)nice boat , if i was done paying off ex ole lady child support this year i was gonna get one also,but one more year and ill be 400 dollars richer every month,can hardly wait,gonna have aparty day i mail that lastcheck out..

bugman1964

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2008, 07:18 PM »
I know that feeling and responsibility very well my friend. I ended up buying a 16' Dakota with a 20 hp yamaha with electric start . I'll be picking it up this weekend and searching for open water all the way home. The package was reasonable and believe me I started this purchase process last year with looking, asking and pricing boats all over the state. I had a bigger boat years ago and just wanted something small and fairly light that I could handle easily.

ScottyM

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Bought the Dakota 1460 V (14.4 ') three years ago , best price I could get on an ultra light in Mb.
I run an 8hp 4 stroke Yamaha on it . Even when I have my wife and both teenage daughters in it ,
this unit performs well . When we can afford a larger boat , my wife and I are sticking with the Polar Kraft/
Yamaha combo .

ScottyM

bugman1964

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 05:38 PM »
So far, so good. I couldn't be happier with the boat and motor. I have upgraded it to an extent by constructing a casting deck/storage compartment between the small bow seat and the first bench seat, installing 2 swivel based folding back seats, 2 down east rod holders, cleats, navigation lights, and converting my Marcum lx-3 flasher from a hardwater tool to a soft water tool. I have been busy figuring out the fishing. Life is good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.