FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Alton Bay  (Read 4727 times)

salmon seeker

• Live To Fish Fish To Live
Alton Bay
« on: Apr 03, 2008, 08:03 PM »
    Just wondering if anyone has a ice report for Alton Bay.I usually take a ride up around that way the second week in April but that was before I knew about this site.Since Ice Shanty gave up such good info I am counting on you guys to save me some Diesel Fuel money LOL.I am itching for some fishing from the boat.Batteries will be going in the boat on Sunday since the weather report is for a nice day.Got to pull the wheels off the trailer and give the wheel bearings a cleaning and hand pack them with grease for the annual spring hour long ride to the lake every Sunday.Thanks in advance for ice out reports
Bill

riverat

• Nothing like a nice firm Bass in my hands!
Re: Alton Bay
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2008, 06:39 AM »
Not much open water, maybe 100 yards out from bridge and 40' wide and pockets in front of town docks and swim dock and the mounts dock that's it for now.
Fishing is good for what ails the mind.

salmon seeker

« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2008, 07:14 AM »
   Thanks   RR  post a report anytime keeps everyone up on the progress of ice out    ;D
Bill

Slipknott

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2008, 06:46 AM »
    Just wondering if anyone has a ice report for Alton Bay.I usually take a ride up around that way the second week in April but that was before I knew about this site.Since Ice Shanty gave up such good info I am counting on you guys to save me some Diesel Fuel money LOL.I am itching for some fishing from the boat.Batteries will be going in the boat on Sunday since the weather report is for a nice day.Got to pull the wheels off the trailer and give the wheel bearings a cleaning and hand pack them with grease for the annual spring hour long ride to the lake every Sunday.Thanks in advance for ice out reports

Here try this link it says it all. http://www.spencerhughes.com/altoncam/?justshowme=true
It won't be long now 8)
Bill G

riverat

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:11 AM »
Bay open on Rt.28a side up to and including Harmony Park across from public restrooms. Right side is still ice, behind pavillion. Room for a few small boats or canoes.

lv2huntandfish

• Lebanon, Me
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2008, 01:35 PM »
I was there yesterday and plenty of ice still check out the Spencer Hughes realistate website and they have a live webcam of the bay. Its pretty sweet. There was one small row boat out there yesterday evening but I didnt catch anything and didnt see anyone catch anything.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and there go all the good spots.

troutchaser

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2008, 04:58 AM »
CHANGED A BIT YESTERDAY  WITH THE WARM WEATHER AS OF 4 / 10/08

riverat

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Bay is open to just shy of the bandstand, salmon bite has been real slow but should be picking up soon.

salmon seeker

« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2008, 08:35 PM »
  I was up that way Sunday just to see how things are the ice is looking thinner anyway lots of holes starting to develop once that happens it won't be to long before the wind and water start working and the holes get bigger  then it is just gone  think its gonna be at least another week or 2
Bill

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

salmon seeker

« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Whose got the new update on Alton Bay ice out conditions.I have checked out the Spencer Hughes web cam and looks like the ice is gone as far as Sandy Point resort.Has anyone driven by there and checked it out.I heard that there was some open water up at the other end of the lake but a big chunk of ice blew in from someplace else and clogged things up.Any info is greatly appreciated
Bill

hook-set

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2008, 07:40 AM »
from what i can see there's open water .has anyone netted any salmpn yet ?

chowdah

« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2008, 05:11 PM »
open water up a little past Sandy point and on the east side, saw a few canoes/small boats out there last nite. wnt to the overlook and the rest of the lake looks iced over still. need some wind to break it up. May try on sun a.m.

salmon seeker

« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2008, 07:54 PM »
 Thanks Chowdah I am still waiting for things to break open.I like to have enough open water so everyone can fish there own open space.I hate to be right on top of someone else and hate having people right on top of me got to have enough room to enjoy a good fight from the fish not someone in another boat  LOL.Keep posting any new info the way fuel prices are I would rather not have to make a hour drive one way just to find out if we can at least get to Fox Point and Black Point.
Bill

riverat

« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2008, 08:01 PM »
Checked out bay today, open just beyond sandy point. Not many boats at all, saw maybe five small boats from 12pm to 2pm plenty of room for more.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.