FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Planning a trip  (Read 5304 times)

Wilsonlaker2

Planning a trip
« on: Apr 06, 2008, 03:24 PM »
I am planning a trip to Homer AK this summer and would like to fish for kings. Last year I fished the anchor and kenai Rivers in late Aug. for silvers. I wanted to know when is the best time to fish for kings in the Soldatna and homer area. I ws planning the last week in June.
Ethan

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Re: Planning a trip
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2008, 04:20 AM »
Sounds like good timing to me!

RogueAngler

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:10 PM »
July is good for the Kings on the Peninsula [both the Kenai, and the Kasilof],
biggest fish of the season come in then here. Runs start mid May [ there are some Kings in the Kasilof as I type here], but there are other areas close by with excellent runs [ from May 15th , to June 31st. Kings start showing up last week May, first week June, West Cook Inlet depends on the water levels, weather etc.]  The West Cook Inlet Fishery is just a 35 minute flight away......no pressure and plenty of fish.
You might consider this and find the opportunity very appealing, depending on your limitations time-wise, and preference of bank or boat fishing.

If you would like some contacts feel free to message me, I'd be happy to help.

RogueAngler
" The older I get and the longer I live, the less time I have to go fishing"

Wilsonlaker2

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 05:57 PM »
July is good for the Kings on the Peninsula [both the Kenai, and the Kasilof],
biggest fish of the season come in then here. Runs start mid May [ there are some Kings in the Kasilof as I type here], but there are other areas close by with excellent runs [ from May 15th , to June 31st. Kings start showing up last week May, first week June, West Cook Inlet depends on the water levels, weather etc.]  The West Cook Inlet Fishery is just a 35 minute flight away......no pressure and plenty of fish.
You might consider this and find the opportunity very appealing, depending on your limitations time-wise, and preference of bank or boat fishing.

If you would like some contacts feel free to message me, I'd be happy to help.

RogueAngler

Thank-you so much. I plan to stay with some friends in Homer and I know a couple people up their with boats and access to the kenai. Again thanks for the info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.