MyFishFinder By Species > Bluegill

ICE REEL

(1/2) > >>

Buck762:
I have a 5' Berkly lightning rod and was wondering if I can use my ice reel on it?  My buddy uses his ice reel, but his reel is a bit bigger then mine. I was given an open water gill reel, but it is in bad condition and dont wanna use it unless i must. 

mud_n_fun:
I use a few of my reels for both the ice season and the summer. Especially on my ultralite rods.

bucky75:
I did the sam thing.  I bought a couple of okuma reels and to justify them to the other half I told her that they would be used for ice and open water.  They do work great for both.  Just keep them clean.

kerosenecounty17:
Why not?  All of my ultra-lite reels pull double duty.  Just strip the line and replace between seasons.  I can't justify to myself buying 2 reels and having one of them sitting around not pulling its weight for 6 months out of the year.

kc17

RIVERRAT2:

--- Quote from: kerosenecounty17 on Apr 16, 2008, 08:11 PM ---Why not?  All of my ultra-lite reels pull double duty.  Just strip the line and replace between seasons.  I can't justify to myself buying 2 reels and having one of them sitting around not pulling its weight for 6 months out of the year.

kc17

--- End quote ---
i find that i need a fly type reel on my reel to try and stop some of the jig spin[i think gills donot like line spin]
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version