FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good Location for kids?  (Read 10561 times)

3nhbratsfishin

Good Location for kids?
« on: Apr 30, 2008, 05:39 AM »
Hello All! I am wondering if anyone has a good spots to take some small kids. I have 2 boys who love to fish who are 6 and 7 and a daughter who got her first taste of fishing this winter on the ice who is 4. We would be casting from shore and am looking for some place that isn't too close to the road in the milford/merrimack area. Thanks!!

troutchaser

Re: Good Location for kids?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2008, 11:28 AM »
there is a pond in milford where we have a derby,lots of pickeral+perch etc     ill have to get back to you on the name   unless someone knows which pond im talkin about    get to ya soon  3nh

longbeardking

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2008, 12:43 PM »
I believe that would be rail road pond. Can't miss it. Right behind the church on Union St.

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2008, 05:32 PM »
I believe that would be rail road pond. Can't miss it. Right behind the church on Union St.

Yup, pops is right. The name of the pond is rail road pond. You can park in the bank parking lot off of south st.  there is also Osgood pond that might work as well as another pond down rt 13 south. ( I don't know the name) Take a left headed south and the launch is right there.

There is also Putnam Pond in Lyndeborough off of Cemetery Road.  I am trying to think of more but I am drawing a blank as I have not fished green fish in many years!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2008, 05:36 PM »
naticook has some shore fishing
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

knight rider

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2008, 07:06 PM »
Burton Pond in lyndeboro is good. You gotta hike down a short trail there.

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2008, 08:58 PM »
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/fishing.htm

There are several pamphlets on the page above.  They have some info on access broken into regions of the state.  Check them out.  Hope this helps.
Live free or die trying.

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Ya Know, asside frow the bragging this is what this site is all about. Kuddos to you guys with the information to help a fellow fisherman. There is one person I can always talk to at the park near me and that is the fisherman. We have no judgment of each other, we just share our knowledge and experience of that day or our days before.
Thank you everone here for being fisherman.

3nhbratsfishin

« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Thank you all sooo much! I think we may try the railroad pond since it is nice and close. I will come back and tell you all how it went. thanks again. I knew I came to the right place!

loualbano

« Reply #9 on: Apr 30, 2008, 09:36 PM »
great job guys!!!!! that is it what this place is all about trying to help someone out!!!
captlou

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Good Luck Fishin'

Let us know how you make out ;).

hook-set

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 04:38 PM »
Yup, pops is right. The name of the pond is rail road pond. You can park in the bank parking lot off of south st.  there is also Osgood pond that might work as well as another pond down rt 13 south. ( I don't know the name) Take a left headed south and the launch is right there.

There is also Putnam Pond in Lyndeborough off of Cemetery Road.  I am trying to think of more but I am drawing a blank as I have not fished green fish in many years!

is it possably melendy or potanapo ?

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 03:09 PM »
is it possably melendy or potanapo ?

no it is not potanapo. This pond is not too far from Chappel's and before Fine Lines Auto Body.
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

pirkaus

• Have you ever been too drunk to fish?
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 11:36 AM »

no it is not potanapo. This pond is not too far from Chappel's and before Fine Lines Auto Body.

It's Melendy Pond , and a great kid friendly place.   Lot's of sunfish, bass,ect...
My girls (when they had time for dad) called it Lucky Duck Lake Because they always caught fish and saw ducks there.
Shore fishing at the boat launch and shore is easy, GOOD LUCK
Pirk
If the rule is 5 fish or 5 pounds, what if the 5th fish weighs 5 pounds?

3nhbratsfishin

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 11:22 PM »
Well, I finally took them fishing. On friday morning we headed over to Railroad pond in Milford and fished for a good two hours. I seriously had to  drag my 4 and 6 year olds back into my truck. We didn't catch anything but they sure did learn how to cast. (4 yr old was a little nuts so she was hookless for a while). Then after school was out that afternoon my 7 year old begged to go to. So back we went, all 4 of us. Again, we didn't catch anything but the 3 of them now beg daily to go fishing. I will try Melendy pond next. The area at railroad pond was not really big enough for all 4 of us to stay out of the weeds but it was nice and close and a great start. Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.