FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good Location for kids?  (Read 10565 times)

3nhbratsfishin

Re: Good Location for kids?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 06:06 PM »
hehe I am actually their mom and it is because of my dad I have such a love for fishing. Anyway, just another update... today my 4 year old and I headed out to Melendy pond and holy wow first cast I got a kiver 10 mins later a pickeral. We weren't there long t-storms rolled in. We will head back there tomorrow with the 6 year old too so he can get his first fish.

Duck Doctor and Longbeardking, I know Nancy. As i discovered by some pics longbeard posted and told her one day at the school. My son the 6 yr old is in your neice/granddaughters Kindergarten class. Small small world.

Carey

longbeardking

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 06:57 PM »
It is a small world after all. Ask Nancy or Duck Doctor about Hook and Cook. Paxton, Cloey, Tyler(?)  are always wecome. We hace plent of rods and reels kicking around and they might even catch a trout!!!!! And it's nice to see a lady posting!!!! Welcome!!! :) :) :)

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 01:31 AM »
It is a small world after all. Ask Nancy or Duck Doctor about Hook and Cook. Paxton, Cloey, Tyler(?)  are always wecome. We hace plent of rods and reels kicking around and they might even catch a trout!!!!! And it's nice to see a lady posting!!!! Welcome!!! :) :) :)

Dad...use spell check please!  You are making me look smart again!

It is a small world. My Milan Ambulance chief is the son of my father's school teacher.  My next door neighbor Chiefbush is cousins with some folks I met in NY. I made a $5 bet with them back in 2005 and now they want their $5 and $5 interest!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

3nhbratsfishin

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 04:43 AM »
Thank you for the invite Longbeard. Yes, those would be my kids Paxton and Chloe are the two fishing in that pic and then Tyler is the missing one the 7 yr old. Actually Duck Doctor you were also on Shanty I remember reading your posts. We ice fished this winter too. I just hate being inside and hope my kids will love the outdoors as much as I do, so far so good.

loualbano

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2008, 05:53 AM »
awesome pic!!!!! there will be many more good days of fishing ahead as long as chloe doesnt see any sharks ;D
captlou

longbeardking

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2008, 06:49 AM »
Dad...use spell check please!  You are making me look smart again!

It is a small world. My Milan Ambulance chief is the son of my father's school teacher.  My next door neighbor Chiefbush is cousins with some folks I met in NY. I made a $5 bet with them back in 2005 and now they want their $5 and $5 interest!

Nobody has to MAKE you LOOK smart. You ARE smart,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you just don't know it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as spell check. As long as the message got across, which it apparently did, it's OK for me. Remember my age and typing ability and throw in a 300 mile drive, I would have thought my own  son would have let it slide!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 07:16 AM »
Actually Duck Doctor you were also on Shanty I remember reading your posts. We ice fished this winter too. I just hate being inside and hope my kids will love the outdoors as much as I do, so far so good.

The Shanty is my home.  I spend more time on that site during the few months of winter than any other site!  I have met Chloe a couple of times and she seems to be a good kid!  I want to get Maddie out on the ice this winter so maybe we will have to get all the kids together and have a small gathering.

Nobody has to MAKE you LOOK smart. You ARE smart,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you just don't know it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as spell check. As long as the message got across, which it apparently did, it's OK for me. Remember my age and typing ability and throw in a 300 mile drive, I would have thought my own  son would have let it slide!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Not a snowball's chance in Davey's Locker Pops!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

3nhbratsfishin

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 11:29 PM »
DuckDoctor, we (the mom's) have been discussing taking a lot of the kindergarten kids from Maddie's class out fishing. Would love to find a spot big enough for more then a few kids. Some reason I picture mayhem haha. I am surprised, probably Nancy is too, that Chloe actually stands there long enough to fish. She is a ball of energy but loves to cast so I just let her go with no hook. The boys are totally getting the hang of it all so should be a fun summer of fishing. I would love to have a gathering i am sure it would be a blast.

longbeardking

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 06:20 AM »
Hook and cook would be great (I think). It was just stocked recently with trout. DD might have a better idea!!!!! :) :) :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.