FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: cheap canoe  (Read 1866 times)

Casey W

• Shoot em again he's still runnin with 3 legs
cheap canoe
« on: Mar 22, 2009, 10:06 AM »
I'm looking for a cheap canoe for basically fishing for bluegills and crappies i dont want to send more then $200 any one have any suggestions?

[IMG]http://[IMG]

infectedtoe1952

Re: cheap canoe
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2009, 05:06 AM »
craigslist.com ist choose your city then click on sporting and strart searching.

geothefisher

• OPEN WATER!
Re: cheap canoe
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Bateau.com has a free plan on their website called the cheap canoe.  You build it with 2 sheets of plywood, some epoxy and a little fiberglass cloth.  Super simple and very inexpensive to build.  You can also go whole hog and buy marine epoxy, and glass cloth the whole boat, but the price really starts to climb then.  I did one with epoxy from an auto body shop, some inexpensive 6" wide 10oz. fiberglass cloth strips to close the joint between the bottom and sides, then just painted it with exterior paint.  You can build them for under $100, and only a few(very few) hours of your time.  Most people can knock them out on a Saturday, and use them on Sunday.  And by the way, they are actually more of a pirogue, and are STABLE!
It doesn't matter if you are trolling, casting, drop-shotting, flipping, pitching or jigging.  Just as long as you are FISHING!!!!   NAFC Life Member

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.