FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Re: Lake Winnipesaukee  (Read 4597 times)

FLAG

Re: Lake Winnipesaukee
« on: May 04, 2004, 11:34 AM »
my buddy and I also witnessed salmon finning and rolling on Damariscotta lake in Mid-coast Maine.......we were steaming to a spot when we noticed them, so we slowed down and threw our lines over just to see if they'd hit anything....I hadn't put more than a color out on my flyrod when a nice 2lb+ fish hit it and did it's little dance for me....he spit my speedy shiner at me like he had done it before!

Hey Weav is that you???? I fished a small pond in Damariscotta a few weeks ago. Only caught 2 fish, very slow day. First time fishing it also. The 2 we caught were nice fish to say the least.

fishboy1

• I like pickled sticklebacks
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 06:53 AM »
what's up Mark!  you fished Little? I fished it the first two weeks of the month and caught 3......one was a half inch shy of 18" , the others around 16".....how did you find out about our 'secret' honey-hole?  :)
I love my pimped out 66 Corson

FLAG

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 10:05 AM »
Oh it cost me ;D ;D ;D i caught 1 that was 19 1/2" male. the other 1 was just shy of 18. saw alot of fish breaking water that morning. I was there  the 18th of April just after they shut down. i was wondering if you fished that pond or not? maybe we could get together and do some casting on it when it warms up a little ???

fishboy1

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 12:00 PM »
sounds good.....I leave my canoe down there so all we would have to carry is our tackle....just a warning - it's my first year casting so you might get a wollybugger in the ear! 
no b.s. - I've seen two 5 pounders caught there on the same day.....but it can be slow fishing(atleast trolling can be...but I've had guys tell me they've caught as a many as 4 or 5 casting flies in the morning).....very comparable to Square or Trickey.....slow, but when you get one it's usually a nice fish.....it makes me sick when I throw back those 17" 2 pounders plus.......but if the minimum wasn't there you'd never see the big ones, so I guess it's a good thing!

FLAG

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 12:10 PM »
I saw some pictures of 5#s from that pond. I have been fishing before with a rookie it only hurts for a few days ;D ;D ;D what do you think about June sometime? I do not know when the Hatches start taking place but June seems to be the month around where I fish.

fishboy1

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 12:10 PM »
yeah, give me a pm when you want to make the trip.....turkey hunting will take most of my time the next few weeks (unless I get lucky the first few days)......first couple weeks in June should be good fishin.........

FLAG

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 12:48 PM »
I will get a hold of you in the next couple of weeks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.