FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OT ~ Smoke-free  (Read 6857 times)

LostOne

Re: OT ~ Smoke-free
« Reply #15 on: Apr 10, 2009, 10:31 AM »
WTG! Stay Strong.
You can\'t catch them, if you don\'t go.

MamaLacyFishing

• REEL WOMAN FISH
« Reply #16 on: Apr 10, 2009, 11:11 AM »
Good Job Sis :thumbup_smilie:.....Just hope you stick with it this time.... :-\

I hope so too. But it's been going a lot better than previous times so I think it's final this time.  ;D

brace

• Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #17 on: Apr 10, 2009, 11:16 AM »
Nobody likes a quitter  ;D  OK, just kidding - Congrats!!  I've been trying unsuccessfully to kick a skoal habit the past couple of months.  Kudo's for sticking with it.
Best Regards,
Brian

Nil Carborundum Illigitimi

MamaLacyFishing

• REEL WOMAN FISH
« Reply #18 on: Apr 10, 2009, 11:16 AM »
Well I've tried to quit a couple times before. I did however quit the whole time I was pregnant but then started up again with the stress I had going on in my life.

Not that I don't still have stress in my life, but I thought about handling in other ways than smoking. Yes I will be saving a lot more money of course that's a plus. Being able to buy some awesome fishing gear and be able to save up for the upcoming fishing trips this summer and winter.  :thumbup_smilie:

But I thank everyone for the support and I hope to stay strong on this path of being smoke-free.

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2009, 11:28 AM »
I tried quitting dozens of times.  There were only two times it worked for any length of time... this past time being the longest.  The key is to keep trying and eventually you will succeed.
Live free or die trying.

Scott Wright

• I can't right now... I've gotta go fishin!!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 10, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Save the money you would be spending on smokes in a special account or in a sock or something... in a year, buy a snowmobile or atv or boat!!

or a whole lotta lures... ;D
Scott Wright Carter

mainedukblaster

« Reply #21 on: Apr 10, 2009, 03:11 PM »
good job Lacy..
keep it up...

MDB (team maine self appointed DOC, right terry?   :D )

Sinnian

« Reply #22 on: Apr 10, 2009, 03:31 PM »
Congratulations!!!  I know from continued experience it is one of the most difficult things to achieve.  On that not I would like to plug Chantix as well.  It has been the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me for any significant amount of time.
Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt ~ Abe Lincoln
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument ~W McAdoo

mainedukblaster

« Reply #23 on: Apr 10, 2009, 03:59 PM »
On that not I would like to plug Chantix as well.  It has been the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me for any significant amount of time.
it works pretty good, if you are also mentally willing to quit.  ( and don't mind some wild dreams   :cookoo: :cookoo: )

Sinnian

« Reply #24 on: Apr 10, 2009, 04:07 PM »
I have found that my dreams are wild whenever I have quit smoking, regardless of ~ but including when I use(d) Chantix.  The nicotine must inhibit something in my brain regarding dreams. (OK that was way off topic - sorry)
Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt ~ Abe Lincoln
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument ~W McAdoo

togue troller

« Reply #25 on: Apr 10, 2009, 04:10 PM »
4 months for me cold turkey

landlockedsalmon

• Remember we all live downstream.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 10, 2009, 05:15 PM »
Congrats.Keep it up.I  will have three years july22,2009.The patch worked for me.But you have to want to really quit.You will feel alot better.LLSalmon
if everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.....

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 10, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Good for you!  I quit 4 years ago, cold turkey. I did enjoy smoking a half a pack a day but just couldn't stand giving them that money. ;D ;D

Best move I ever made! Just watch out for any relapses, from stress or ther situations............. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

SwedishPimple

« Reply #28 on: Apr 10, 2009, 09:27 PM »
I wish you the best.  Put the cash you save in a high yeilding interest account for you kid!!! :)

MamaLacyFishing

• REEL WOMAN FISH
« Reply #29 on: Apr 10, 2009, 10:48 PM »
Save the money you would be spending on smokes in a special account or in a sock or something... in a year, buy a snowmobile or atv or boat!!

or a whole lotta lures... ;D

I think I could go for a nice atv...  ;D I like snowmobiles but atv's are all year round.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.