FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WOLFE LAKE, WESTPORT ONTARIO  (Read 11361 times)

phead lakeman

WOLFE LAKE, WESTPORT ONTARIO
« on: Apr 19, 2009, 06:56 AM »
I go here once a year in July.My buddy and i fish the lake pretty heavily.The size of the smallies on average is great!Not many largemouths caught but that ok.Anyone have any knowledge they would like to share about this lake?It looks like most guys are walleye guys on this lake.

LUNDMAN

Re: WOLFE LAKE, WESTPORT ONTARIO
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2009, 05:59 AM »
Heading up May 9-13 for walleye opener for about 25 years,Catch lots of bass & pike while fishing for walleye but never fished much here in summer months just spring & fall. Just like any other lake it can be tough or great fishing.      Chuck

phead lakeman

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2009, 05:21 PM »
yeah its a gr8 lake hardly ever have to fish the shorelines there.Caught two four pound smallies back to baCK DAYS

phead lakeman

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2009, 05:24 PM »
HEY chuck where do u stay would it be at Breese's cabins.My buddy is going up same weekend for opener as well

LUNDMAN

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2009, 07:00 AM »
Yes it is,we are usually in the small cabin in the middle. Is that where your friend stays also?

phead lakeman

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2009, 04:48 PM »
dont know he will be up there that weekend for sure maybe u guys will meet  one another the cabin ur talking about is a breesers cabin right?Not sure what cabin he stays in

LUNDMAN

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2009, 06:07 AM »
We rent cabins from Alan & Donna Brees on the dam end of the lake. Are you from NY,we have met guys from NY other years in the spring. We used to stay at green shingles lodge till they closed couple years ago. Only 17 days till wait!!!! 8)

phead lakeman

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2009, 05:01 PM »
we stayed at green shingles as well!those little cabins where there was no kitchen were funny looking but very historic looking.we stayed in green shingles the last yr they were open.have u seen the property now it looks crazy!and yes im from ny

LUNDMAN

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Your buddy isn`t a car dealer is he? The guys next to us every spring are car dealers from NY or the cabin next to the bridge are also from NY. I also fish the finger lakes often for lakers.New York has some great fishing too.

phead lakeman

« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2009, 04:41 PM »
hes the guy with him thats an Athletic Director at a high school i think the car dealer is his brother in law.I think u nailed it though What do u do ?ill tell my buddy and maybe he knows u from up there

phead lakeman

« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2009, 07:20 PM »
are u a retired dealer as well if so u guys have met im jealous.

LUNDMAN

« Reply #11 on: Apr 23, 2009, 09:01 PM »
My dad is the retired car dealer,I still work at a dodge dealership in the parts dept. only get to canada twice a year. If you could catch the bass in the summer we catch by mistake in the spring it would be worth it,the smallmouths average better than any place I`ve  ever fished. The largemouths came from the golf course pond about 10 years ago it was leaking and they drained it to repair it.  Good fishin   Chuck

phead lakeman

« Reply #12 on: Apr 24, 2009, 04:19 AM »
wow thats an interesting fact about the largemouth!learn something new everyday right?well anyways now u know to look for my buddy in what 15 days ??

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #13 on: Apr 24, 2009, 04:39 AM »
Hey have you guys every fished Canoe lake?
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

LUNDMAN

« Reply #14 on: Apr 24, 2009, 06:03 AM »
Hey have you guys every fished Canoe lake?
I have stayed at the campground at Conoe Lake, but never fished the lake---heard it has Lake Trout in it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.