The Fisherman's Wharf > Clean-em Cook-em Eat-em

CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!

<< < (2/181) > >>

marcum man:
In the words of Hank Hill  "taste the meat not the heat" ...............MM

jkoegel:

--- Quote from: marcum man on May 15, 2009, 03:17 AM ---In the words of Hank Hill  "taste the meat not the heat" ...............MM

--- End quote ---

Hank Hill is a propane man!! But he did fall for charcoal in one episode!!!

McCormick makes a citrus grill seasoning thats awesome on fish fillets on a cedar plank.
I dry the fillets and coat them with a little olive oil, shake on the seasoning both sides then its on to the soaked cedar plank. Trout or salmon is my fav with the planks but Perch and Eye comes out real good too.

You can use any cedar you have,UNTREATED. You want them only about 1/4" thick and soak them for at least an hour or two before cooking. Siding shingles work good as long as they are untreated. Much cheaper than buying the planks in the grocery store. Let me say UNTREATED one more time, that means no stain/oil/etc...
My neighbor, not so smart. Tried cooking after he saw me grilling some salmon. I could smell the stain burning off the plank he used.

RG- you can use any wood you like, maple, apple, cherry, pretty much anything you would use for smoke.
Fruit woods are awesome. If I'm feeling creative I'll re-saw some thin planks out of my firewood to use.
Stay away from pine, locust, and most nut trees, they contain natural toxins that don't taste very good.

Skipper:

--- Quote from: marcum man on May 15, 2009, 03:17 AM ---In the words of Hank Hill  "taste the meat not the heat" ...............MM

--- End quote ---

Smoke tastes good! I like to taste the heat!

--- Quote from: jkoegel on May 15, 2009, 07:05 AM ---McCormick makes a citrus grill seasoning thats awesome on fish fillets on a cedar plank.

--- End quote ---

I use this stuff too. It is fantastic on salmon, mahi or swordfish.

rgfixit:
Did the walleye fillets for dinner. I'm not really experienced with smoking....over did it just a bit. Very moist and tasty just the same. I picked up a couple of cedar planks at Wally World. I'm gonna try some crappies on it tomorrow night.

Thanks for the advice.
RG

Skipper:
What did you use to make the smoke?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version