FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Who's fish'in the Winni Derby?  (Read 9568 times)

Cider

Re: Who's fish'in the Winni Derby?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 10:19 AM »
The only reason we caught the one Salmon was a guy cut us off with his Planner boards and i ended up turning to try and avoid this person. Was he ever so Bu!!$#!* at us when we hooked up. Oh well to bad for him.....

That was you!!!???!!  We were trying to cut your lines off to see what you were using!  You caught my fish!!   >:(  >:(   ;D  ;D  Just kidding...

Lake Francis, from what I hear, is good.  I fish the area but never that particular lake.  I will be on the Androscoggin and the diamond ponds that weekend!  Good luck to you!

bud

• never put off what you can catch today to tomorrow
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2004, 04:47 PM »
you'll have a blast!  we go there every summer around the 4th of july.  fishing isn't quite as good then but the swimming is better for the kids then...lol.  round pond is cool to if you have a canoe. i love third too!  never caught anything big but it is so beautiful!  let us know how you do.
the fishin pug is my favorite fishing partner!
favorite place the conneticut river from walpole to the thetford area.

Cider

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2004, 08:09 AM »
Bud which one is round pond?  We go up to little diamond with the canoe and camper for a week every year.  I have wanted to try others in the area.  Trouble is that little diamond is usually so good that it is hard to pull myself away from it to go to other places!

Ever fish back lake in Pittsburg?  Or fish pond just south of Colebrook?  Fish pond is fly only and supposed to be very good!

Smelt1

• Born to fish,forced to work!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2004, 08:44 AM »
Cider, I have fished fish pond in past years and it has some really large bows in it.I usally fish it with a canoe trolling a fly or streamer.Sometimes you can sight cast to them early in the morning when they are up near shore feeding on bugs.
Bubba

Cider

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2004, 08:46 AM »
Cider, I have fished fish pond in past years and it has some really large bows in it.I usally fish it with a canoe trolling a fly or streamer.Sometimes you can sight cast to them early in the morning when they are up near shore feeding on bugs.

Okay, sounds like the place to be!  You gonna tell me where it is up there or make me look at a map!?!  ???  ;D

bud

• never put off what you can catch today to tomorrow
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2004, 05:22 PM »
probably best to use a map. i don't think the road has a sign.  it is across and up from the 1st conn lake access.  a friend was fishing there a couple of yrs ago and landed close to a 5 lb brookie out of there.  i saw the pic and there was a game warden there that watched him land the fish!  i also saw a 24" rainbow caught just up from where the river dumps into francis 2 yrs ago.  it was about 20-30 ft up into the ffo section.  kid was like 19 and had no camera.  my son and i took pics and e-mailed them to him.  kinda cool seeing someone that age enjoying the outdoors! 
BTW the road is the one on the left as you head north just after the gift shop/ icecream stand.  it forks up a ways and you need to stay to the right.  about 500 ft down from the fork is the boat ramp on the left.  not always as good as lil diamond but... 
 yeah i fished back and caught a bunch of smallies.....lol.  i told people about it and they said i was nuts.  not long after the F&G dept reported there was a problem with illegal stockings there.
the fishin pug is my favorite fishing partner!
favorite place the conneticut river from walpole to the thetford area.

Cider

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2004, 07:35 AM »
Thanks for the info Bud!  I have personally seen fish that big come out of Little Diamond too!  They regularly put in retired broodstock (5-7 lb brookies and rainbows).  I have taken a three pound brookie from there.  The stocking program is excellent in the Pittsburg area.  They really do a nice job to maintain the larger fish and quality trout populations in all the ponds in that area.

Smelt1

• Born to fish,forced to work!
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2004, 09:41 AM »
Cider, After reading buds post I think there might be 2 ponds the locals up there call fish pond. The one I have fished is off on a road to the right just past the shrine where they do the blessings of the bikes.I am not at all familiar with that part of NH and every time I have been up there it has been with a buddy who has driven so I hav'nt paid to much attention as to where we were going.So you'll proberly have to use a map(but don't let the Mrs. see you using it. ;D).I like to make my wife think I'm some sort of Luis & Clark character, But all she thinks is that I'm some sort of character. :(
Bubba

Cider

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2004, 10:12 AM »
Ok, I know of the fish pond you are speaking of.  I have a friend whose brother has a camp on that pond.  It is just after the shrine and just before coming into Colebrook on Rt 3; hang a right.  You need 4WD to get into it if you take the wrong turn once you get up in there.

Bud mentioned round pond.  Not familiar with that one.  I'll have to look at the map and see.  Sounds like it is more north of Pittsburg and near the 1st Conn lake.  Sounds like it might be somewhere near Back Lake/Pond which is another great trout spot!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.