FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 17 ft Grumman canoe  (Read 4687 times)

DIRTBALL2

17 ft Grumman canoe
« on: Mar 07, 2004, 09:21 AM »
I've had this canoe for a zillion years. Works great for those little walk-in trout lakes. It's the only way to float small to medium size rivers. Have used it in the BWCA since shortly after dirt was invented. Anybody interested in a BWCA trip this summer? I know a honey hole where I can just about gaurantee an 8 to 10 lb walleye. Also looking for a 16 ft Lund tiller model with a floor in it. Email me if you have anything.
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Cider

Re: 17 ft Grumman canoe
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2004, 09:26 AM »
I have an Old Town Discovery 160k 16' canoe.  This is a great canoe for most of the trout fishing I do.  I can oar it, paddle it or put an electric trolling motor on it.  I have it rigged to do all three and I have set up electronics on it (Eagle Cuda) too.  This gets me to most places I fish and I actually sold my big boat because I wasn't using it as much as the canoe.

Now I miss my big boat and will be looking for a replacement...

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: 17 ft Grumman canoe
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 04:31 PM »
I love my 17' grumman canoe, too. I got an trolling motor and fish buddy finder for mine. You can take it and put it in any where. It rides the Hudson river great, got into some pre-spawn eyes and pike a few years back. Great stuff, put it on the truck, park and drop, and off you go.
Fish on!
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.