FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: great east lake  (Read 2073 times)

CSpike

great east lake
« on: Jul 06, 2009, 08:06 PM »
Anyone fish great east lake lately? I fished it years ago, remember a good ramp but don't remember much else so it is likely I didn't do to well. Supposed to have salmon and lake trout and rainbows. Wondering how they run there size wise. Anyone????

Spike

minnowman

Re: great east lake
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2009, 05:12 AM »
lakers, rainbow and browns--they haven't dumped any salmon for a while.  Very nice pop of bass and pickeral as well.

natureboy79

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2009, 07:06 AM »
most of the lakers are around 18-20 inches and skinny, have seen some decent rainbows there.
My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic...

jibbs

« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2009, 03:01 PM »
hey spike.......yeh the ramp is real nice and plenty of parking.......the bass fishing is quite good there........can be real busy on the weekends.......there are more camps on that lake then any place in nh it seems.......good luck
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Tumper

« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2009, 03:08 PM »
If your in that area and have time give Horn Pond a try, both ME. and NH stock it. We were up there a few weeks ago.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2009, 07:13 PM »
i didnt think maine was stocking horns any more  great east has been slow a couple fish per day they are a little fatter then years past

Tumper

« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2009, 07:36 AM »
i didnt think maine was stocking horns any more  great east has been slow a couple fish per day they are a little fatter then years past

They still have a interest in the Pond , but as of 1988 NH took over the management of it. Prior to that Maine and NH both did stocking there with LLS, and the entire trout strain, now I think all they but in there are Bows, Brooke's and Browns, with 200 acres and around 4,000 fish each year will give a nice return.
I do not get there that often but I think there a lot of pressure on the pond.

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2009, 10:16 AM »
use to be good for bows but way too many people fishing it the past couple years only been on the lake a couple times this year

Tumper

« Reply #8 on: Jul 08, 2009, 11:46 AM »
That's what I have heard about the fishing pressure, I'll stick with the remotes and out of the way places....Thanks for the info

mbkustom

« Reply #9 on: Jul 08, 2009, 02:40 PM »
I have been there 4 times in the last week and a half and scored lakers everytime. not any large amounts but there were a couple i got over 20 inches.

lv2huntandfish

• Lebanon, Me
« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Good Launch! thats about it  ::) I dont know how it is right now but last year it was good for lakers.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and there go all the good spots.

Killians

« Reply #11 on: Jul 19, 2009, 11:07 AM »
I have a camp on Great East and the fishing is horrible, there are no good fish to speak of. Don't waste your time. LOL

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #12 on: Jul 19, 2009, 05:17 PM »
too late wasted friday night up there  ;D

lv2huntandfish

• Lebanon, Me
« Reply #13 on: Jul 23, 2009, 12:54 PM »
haha how did you do? I cant wait to get back and do some fishing. PM? its funny my avitars are from said lake...
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and there go all the good spots.

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #14 on: Jul 23, 2009, 05:21 PM »
not good 3hrs and not a fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.