FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sale @ Beans  (Read 6919 times)

gamefisher

Re: Sale @ Beans
« Reply #15 on: Sep 30, 2009, 08:18 AM »
Gamefisher,  I bought my 4 sets at the Freeport store at 8:57am according to my receipt and there were at least 30 left at the time.  The salesman told me there was no limit.  I did not ask when the sale ended.  They could have taken the "30% off lowest ticketed price" signs off the wall when I walked out the door for all I know.

Sorry you did not get any,  Scott

Absolutely Genxer, but is it too much to ask that someone in that whole freakin sporting goods dept. be able to tell her that if in fact that was the case ??? I think not. :tipup:

TightLines

« Reply #16 on: Sep 30, 2009, 09:14 AM »
Absolutely Genxer, but is it too much to ask that someone in that whole freakin sporting goods dept. be able to tell her that if in fact that was the case ??? I think not. :tipup:
I spoke with Dan Tremble the last time this happened to me at Bean's. The SAD part about the whole situation is I was told that the employees would be educated as to how to treat a customer and just not make up things on the spot. I guess things haven't changed. No wonder they are loosing business. Guess I won't take a ride today then....
Salmon jump at the site of my boat. ;D

Feeding Eagles one pike at a time. ;D

gamefisher

« Reply #17 on: Sep 30, 2009, 09:18 AM »
I spoke with Dan Tremble the last time this happened to me at Bean's. The SAD part about the whole situation is I was told that the employees would be educated as to how to treat a customer and just not make up things on the spot. I guess things haven't changed. No wonder they are loosing business. Guess I won't take a ride today then....

You probably should take a ride Scott, you just got to find the $15 dollar a piece salesperson I guess..... ::)

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
« Reply #18 on: Sep 30, 2009, 09:24 AM »
The traps were marked at $25. They applied the 30% off on mine at the register making them $14.95 each. I thought the sale ended on Monday, I could be wrong but I think Genxer might have gotten lucky. The sale price was never marked on the traps themselves.

gamefisher

« Reply #19 on: Sep 30, 2009, 10:27 AM »
The traps were marked at $25. They applied the 30% off on mine at the register making them $14.95 each. I thought the sale ended on Monday, I could be wrong but I think Genxer might have gotten lucky. The sale price was never marked on the traps themselves.

UPDATE:  Bingo JimP. - come to find out they are $15 when rung up at the register! :cursing:  Do you think just one of these morons could have told her that! >:(  They now know my displeasure with their sales team. ;) :tipup:

Wolley

• makin it happen
« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2009, 06:42 PM »

???30% off 25 dollars is 17.50?? ??? Wheres the other $2.50 come off?
Wake up America! www.infowars.com

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2009, 07:53 PM »
You're right.  ;D I was curious so I just dug out my receipt, it doesn't say anything about percentage's but they subtracted a promotional discount of $10.04 from the list of $24.99 making it closer to %40 off.  ;D ;D ;D

IMO the only thing wrong with Jack Crap Traps is they are too expensive. At $15 a whack I think it is just about right.

jrelaxin

« Reply #22 on: Sep 30, 2009, 09:17 PM »

IMO the only thing wrong with Jack Crap Traps is they are too expensive.

let me count the ways........................... :D almost like catching the only yellow perch in a trout pond.................. ;)
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

EASTGRANDEST

• How they bite'n?
« Reply #23 on: Sep 30, 2009, 10:07 PM »
I like the allagash traps but I have had some bad luck with them. Right now I have two in my basket that are missing spools. The night I caught my MONSTER brownie last winter before I caught it I had a flag at the same hole that monster was about to come out of, it was on one of my allagash traps, run to the flag, look down the hole to see if shes turning, no spool. Rip that sucker out, set a heritage trap, 20 mins later I caught my 25 inch FOOTBALL brownie out of the same hole.

Before I had spool problems I thought that I liked the wing nut at the end of the spool, but I guess if the spool rubs against the wing nut, it can loosen and fall off. I will be modifying them this year, not exactly sure how yet. Some how I need to prevent that nut from ever coming off.

What are dis-likes about jack traps? I know about the terrible service and bad people skills from them, but the traps them selves... any complaints?
Fishin' on the job again?

SwedishPimple

« Reply #24 on: Oct 01, 2009, 07:29 AM »

IMO the only thing wrong with Jack Crap Traps is they are too expensive. At $15 a whack I think it is just about right.

I surmise you know nothing about the margins in the sheet metal industry then.

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #25 on: Oct 01, 2009, 08:20 AM »
the only problem Ive had with the jack trap is, the small nails they use to hold the flag spring on, seem to work there way out.has anyone tried the little man traps?

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
« Reply #26 on: Oct 01, 2009, 08:56 AM »

I surmise you know nothing about the margins in the sheet metal industry then.

Huh?

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #27 on: Oct 01, 2009, 10:40 AM »
I like the allagash traps but I have had some bad luck with them. Right now I have two in my basket that are missing spools. The night I caught my MONSTER brownie last winter before I caught it I had a flag at the same hole that monster was about to come out of, it was on one of my allagash traps, run to the flag, look down the hole to see if shes turning, no spool. Rip that sucker out, set a heritage trap, 20 mins later I caught my 25 inch FOOTBALL brownie out of the same hole.

Before I had spool problems I thought that I liked the wing nut at the end of the spool, but I guess if the spool rubs against the wing nut, it can loosen and fall off. I will be modifying them this year, not exactly sure how yet. Some how I need to prevent that nut from ever coming off.

What are dis-likes about jack traps? I know about the terrible service and bad people skills from them, but the traps them selves... any complaints?

My problem with the Jack traps is that you need a "gun bearer" to carry them around! They weight a ton.  >:(

As for the wing nut loosening, put the bolt upright on a anvil or nose of a vice and tap the end with a small nail punch, that will peen the end and the wing nut will not come off. :)
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

LOL Dave

« Reply #28 on: Oct 01, 2009, 11:15 AM »
One of the reasons I like talking to ya MG39, You remind me alot of my grandpa, innovative in every sense of the word LOL He thought like you do, Might not be pretty but if I can fix it to make it work the way I want, then I'm happy with it he used to always tell me LOL Take Care God Bless LOL DAve Who's hoping to make it out on the Ice a little more this season  ;D

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #29 on: Oct 01, 2009, 11:59 AM »
I know where MG gets that trait from,his father, my grandfather, is a tinkerer. (rupe goldberg) ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.