FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Michigan Perch Advise  (Read 5405 times)

walkerd

• Cherish each day you dont know when it will end!!
Michigan Perch Advise
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:20 AM »
Hey Im a rookie at perchen in the big lake, really need some advice, where are some good places to put in in Indiana, how far out do u go, when is the better times to perch fish. Like I said im new at this and would really appriciate any help or advice. Thanks guys in advance. Oh yea one more question is a 18 foot skeeter to small to take out, I dont think it is but word to the wise would make me feel better.
thanks all
dave

bluegillmaster2011

Re: Michigan Perch Advise
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 09:32 PM »
i go out all the time in the summer in a 17 foot. its a deep V though and if your is you should be fine.  we always go out of michigan city or new bufflo and when you go out just look around, you will know where to go (if the perch are in) there will be boats every where.
cold morning air+ smell of exaust and the roar of the motor starting=HEAVEN

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 10:22 PM »
Bluegillmaster: I have a small boat with an 18hp motor. Thinking about coming up to MC for some perch. First, I am going to watch the weather very close. Is there anything required on the boat other than running lights and life preserver? Also, when should I consider this? Thinking about the time to steelies come in and make it a dual trip. I would fish inside the breakwater if the water is rough. Is the ramp at the beach ok to put in at? (I know very little of MC but have fished the pier there for trout and salmon.

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 08:27 AM »
your boat may be too small to take out there , and also you need a throwable floatation device and flares that are not expired. i used to fish for steelhead and salmon out there when my grandpa had a big 22' boat but that was 6 years ago when i was only 10 so i dont remember much about what time of year is best but i do know we went all the time in the summer. and yes the ramp by the beach is ok to go out on. 8)

walkerd

• Cherish each day you dont know when it will end!!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2009, 11:40 AM »
master do the launches charge to launch and park?  Yes it is fiberglass deep vhull boat. Just bought it about a month ago, Im pretty sure it has been out on Michigan and Erie. I was told it was to it was to small but I didnt believe that its not. I have to get a few items before Im going to go, flares, and my ship to shore radio took a sh......  Oh yes and ussally how far do u have to go out, Im kinda of wary of going to far just as yet first few times. I do know that you should keep an eye on weather and weather forcasts. Thanks agian for the help.
dave

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2009, 06:05 PM »
well we never went more then at most 3 miles but when we would fish the tournaments there would be guys that would go 20 miles out, so you dont have to go out a million miles to find fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.