FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tidal Saltwater Topics  (Read 2990 times)

Cider

Tidal Saltwater Topics
« on: May 21, 2004, 09:08 AM »

Folks, please bear with me as I try to get the saltwater reports board up and running.  I don't do a lot of saltwater fishing personally, so I am learning as I go on these fisheries!  I hope to change that in the near future by putting some time in on the coastal waters with rod in hand!  ;D

It would be greatly appreciated if you would post your lists of locations or water bodies that you want as topics in that board.

Anything you want started just post it here with what the appropriate subject should be and I will get it up and running!

Thank you!

Smelt1

• Born to fish,forced to work!
Re: Tidal Saltwater Topics
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 10:47 AM »
Thanks Cider, if you could put a new topic in the saltwater thread which states "Stripers" it would be appreciated.I know alot of people that target this great fishery on the coast and they are allways looking for reports on what the fish are hitting on as well as were the fish are holding.Some day if your interested maybe you and I could hook up and maybe catch a 50" fish or two? The only trouble would be once you've tried it you would be hooked and from where you live to the coast it would cost you a small fortune in gas especially at $2/gal +. ;D
Bubba

Cider

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 08:42 AM »
Some day if your interested maybe you and I could hook up and maybe catch a 50" fish or two?

Only two??  :'(  I'd love to fish stripers with you!  I have never had the opportunity to do that.  I am mostly a trout man in rivers and streams with my flyrod, but I love to fish and will go for any type of fishing when cranking in a scrappy fish is involved!  ;D

You say when and where and I will be there!!

I'd rather keep the reports board by water body, but maybe with the coastal saltwater system it would be easier by species since there is such diversity all along our coast.

I'll try the stripers board.  What else do you want?  Cod?  Tuna?  Haddock?  Flounder?

Smelt1

• Born to fish,forced to work!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 08:54 AM »
Stripers and flounder are all the species that I target.I usally will make 1 or 2 trips out to jeffries for cod & haddock. It seems that there is more interest on the coast here for stripers than anything else.As soon as the cow stripers start showing up I'll contact you and maybe you'll be able to come down for hopfully a great day of fishing.But as you know with fishing the fishing will be great but sometimes the catching isn'nt as good. ;D
Bubba

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.