FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where do the bass go after all this rain  (Read 1420 times)

MA bass fishing

Where do the bass go after all this rain
« on: Mar 31, 2010, 06:57 PM »

After all this ran is it going to warm the water up and move the bass up shallower? Trying to get serious with spring bass fishing and what to do with all this rain now. I have been catchin bass on flats 3-6 feet deep in the sun With rattle traps but are they going to push close to shore or out deeper

GrizlyGarou

Re: Where do the bass go after all this rain
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2010, 07:03 PM »
I doubt they'll go deeper, but you might want to go for a brighter color on your lures or something with more flash.  All the run-off is going to bring in a lot of silt, making it harder for them to see stuff.  They'll be in their beds soon if they aren't already, a thermometer that you can find the thermocline with somehow would be the best way to know exactly where they'll be.  Barring that, you've got two lines each, so go deep and shallow or bright and dull.

I'm not an avid bass fisherman, so I only know so much, though.

JDiperrio

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Best way to get bass in the spring is flipping the jig in brush and it will be even better with this rain. Good luck man.
John

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2010, 06:42 AM »
If the water running in, is some what warm, I have had hot action at the mouth of streams flowing into a lake. On a mixed bag lake I have caught trout and big bass stacked up in the same spot! Even after dark on top water I have landed some great fish.
Tight Lines,
Allan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.