FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boat Re-build  (Read 6695 times)

TPB

• bad day of fishing beats any day at work
Re: Boat Re-build
« Reply #15 on: Apr 26, 2010, 08:05 PM »
Didn't manage to get much done today, got the gauges installed and got her cleaned up a little.  Toyed with the idea of re-carpeting the floor, but I didn't have enough carpet to do it so I'm going to postpone it untill next winter.

Also I think I can up with a good spot for the fish finder.  I can see it from the drivers seat, and if I get the right mount I can also turn it to my seat up front.  Anyone have a set up like this?  How does it work?  Anyone forsee any problems?
From the drivers seat

From the casting platform

Basically all I want to get done this year is to finish the electrical, get the fishfinder mounted, and get the rest of the seats in.
It's easier to beg forgiveness that to get permission

mongosmash

« Reply #16 on: Apr 27, 2010, 06:35 AM »
i think that putting your fish finder there is not a good choice simply because it will be in the weather and you wont be able to change anything if you need to adjust. but if you put inside the windshield you will be able to turn it around and look at it from the front anyways. i'd put it on the inside not the outside and do the same thing with it. when i had my big boat that's what i did to mine, it worked pretty good until the sun was high in the sky. that's where i got most of the sun glare.
tight lines and wet flies

TPB

« Reply #17 on: Apr 27, 2010, 08:44 AM »
I've only got a few inches to play with inside the windshield.  I'll probably have to wait till the unit arrives to be certain where to place it.  Got to love ebay, I have things coming from every corner of the world, all cheaper then I can get locally.  I don't mind shopping local but when I can have things shipped to my door for half the price I'm going to take it.  I'd hate to tally up what it's costing me already, nevermind if I had to double it!

TPB

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 08:15 AM »
Well I basically have the electrical finished, having some problems with one of the lights but haven't had a chance to look at it yet so it may just be a bulb.  Didn't get a Garmin 160c, I actually ended up with a Humminbird 525.  It's a nice unit with a big screen and It will do anything and everything I ask of it I'm sure.  I wanted to take mongosmash's advice and try and put it behind the windshield but being a larger size unit there is no way it'll fit and leave me room to turn the wheel.  It's not to hard for me to reach from the drivers seat, and if spray becomes an issue I'll cover it with a clear bag.  I do like the fact that I can also use it when we're trolling as well.  I made a home made removable mount for it using a Scotty flush mount holder and a piece from one of their cup holders.  I don't like it so todays plan is to actually fiberglass a solid place to mount it.  We'll see how it turns out, may be paying a professional for this one.  Also on the agenda are to get the rest of the seat bases in and get the transducer mounted.  We'll here are a few more pics.

The powerplant for all the accessories

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.