FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp?  (Read 6079 times)

pikeking

Carp?
« on: May 05, 2010, 01:57 AM »
Hey guys, I was wondering how many of you like to fish for Carp? I have been doing it for a few years now and have been pretty luck to get some big ones. A big one to me is around 15lbs. Anyone get them bigger? It's about time for them to be coming into the shallows to spawn. Get the dough balls ready...
IF FISHING WAS WORK, I\\\'D NEVER BE SICK!!!!!!!!

butchy54

• Dead Trout Dont Rise
Re: Carp?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 04:06 AM »
I got a short story for ya Bobby about Carp,about 30 years ago my mother told me of her girlfriend husband was a real big trout fisherman and I should go out with some time.Make a long story short I did hook up with him and his friend.We went to the Charles River up in Newton somewhere,The Trout here are so Big you never believe this,ya OK.Ya he get on this Carp and here we go up and the bank the poor guy is going to have a heart attack right he get it close I look at it shake my head that not a trout that a F---------- Carp.He looks at me REALLY I thought the were Trout,I cursed at him for the rest of the day Trout my a-- He never offered to take me again that was soooooooo funny.Reminds me of Jiggy with the Chickens and Turkeys He don't know. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???.The Town Manger of Shelburn meet him today and told him to leave and Please don't come back,Poor Jiggy lol.

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 07:10 AM »
Here you go Bob. I take my son and he loves it.

34lbs.

Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

lavaman

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:41 AM »
I got a short story for ya Bobby about Carp,about 30 years ago my mother told me of her girlfriend husband was a real big trout fisherman and I should go out with some time.Make a long story short I did hook up with him and his friend.We went to the Charles River up in Newton somewhere,The Trout here are so Big you never believe this,ya OK.Ya he get on this Carp and here we go up and the bank the poor guy is going to have a heart attack right he get it close I look at it shake my head that not a trout that a F---------- Carp.He looks at me REALLY I thought the were Trout,I cursed at him for the rest of the day Trout my a-- He never offered to take me again that was soooooooo funny.Reminds me of Jiggy with the Chickens and Turkeys He don't know. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???.The Town Manger of Shelburn meet him today and told him to leave and Please don't come back,Poor Jiggy lol.

now that is a funny story. except for the sad jiggy part. i got a new lure the other day it's called a "jiggerbug" 

lavaman

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:42 AM »
Here you go Bob. I take my son and he loves it.

34lbs.

i'm ready to go. what's up for this w/e?

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:59 AM »

i'm ready to go. what's up for this w/e?

Working on the houses. Now that my step dad is gone, I'm doing double duty.

GrizlyGarou

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 08:13 AM »
Working on the houses. Now that my step dad is gone, I'm doing double duty.

Throw a 'work party' then show everybody the secret good spots on the res after!

salmon stalker

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Oh ya, carp have been in shallows for about 2 - 3 weeks now. My biggest was last week, 18.4lbs, several in the 6-12lb range.

This was 23lbs, my buddy caught wtih me

This is my 18.4lber

Another big one from last week....

I have not tried dough yet, only corn and potatoes. Corn seems to work best when tossing couple handfulls to bring them in.

They are in so thick off the merrimack it's not funny. Yesterday I saw a couple that must be 30+lbs, just F-ing monsters. I could not get them to hit my gear, they where just sunbathing basically.

The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

Scotty D

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 09:29 AM »
i have never fished for them, but seeing the pics of these monsters makes it tempting. a friend of mine just moved to indian lake in worcester. Masswildlife has it listed as a good place for carp. does anybody fish for them there?
fishing soothes the soul

swillerjig

• Slob Hoy!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Dough balls??  What bread rolled on a hook???  Look like a good fight and i know where there are some but they never bite anything- how do you rig up a dough ball??
Fishing is not a hobby it's a way of life.

SpaceGhost

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 10:00 AM »
Invasive species.

sull155

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 10:02 AM »
here's a good site to help with the carp

http://ricarpfishing.blogspot.com/

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 10:15 AM »

fishlessman

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 10:19 AM »
i use ferrmented cow corn and toss it out on my beach area and the carp come in in droves, it really cleans up the sand nicely, moves the sediment off the beach area with them stirring up the bottom feeding. biggest caught in the lake was 23, have caught bigger in the merrimack with oatmeal up in lowell. this ones average size for forrest lake, they all seem big here, never seen one under 14 pounds on the lake, they were spawning 2 weeks ago. time to get a bag of cow corn

Burns

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 10:38 AM »
Do you eat those things or use them for garden fertilizer?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.