FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp?  (Read 6080 times)

JDiperrio

Re: Carp?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 10:48 AM »
I think Indian lake holds some really big carp if someone that knows how to fish for them wants to go there let me know. Mark was talking about them when we were fishing and sounds like fun
John

lavaman

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 11:48 AM »
I think Indian lake holds some really big carp if someone that knows how to fish for them wants to go there let me know. Mark was talking about them when we were fishing and sounds like fun

where is indian lake?

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 12:18 PM »
Definatly up in the shallows here in MI....... Dont fish em much, but did get a bow fishing settup for my old bow, whacked this big boy last night.
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 12:24 PM »
Definatly up in the shallows here in MI....... Dont fish em much, but did get a bow fishing settup for my old bow, whacked this big boy last night.

What's the point of bow fishing carp? You don't eat them right? So just shoot it, take a picture, and kill it for the hell of it? Even though they have a negative rep, it's a waste of a fish.
Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

fishlessman

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 12:42 PM »

too far for me but its pretty easy. go to a feed store and buy the dried bagged corn. bring to a boil and add annise seeds and a chocolate candy bar and transfer to a bucket, let the bucket of corn ferment for a week inthe basement, garage, shed.. heres the trick, tie a mono loop off the back of a short hook, salmon egg hook, icefishing hook etc about a size 8. the loop needs to be about 3/4 inches long off the hook, i tie this on with wraps of thread on the fly vice. straighten out a larger hook, anneal it in a flame like on the stove and straighten it out. slide 3 or 4 kernals onto the straightened out hook. catch the barb of that hook with the kernals onto the mono loop and slide the kernals onto the loop. now tak something that floats like a styrofoam plate and rip off a little strip to insert thru the loop pulling the corn back up against it to secure it. when you cast this setup out the hook will sit on the bottom and the corn will lift just off bottom, you want this as carp spit out hooks quickly but will suck that corn up without hesitating. toss a cup of corn in the area your fishing and stand back from shore, they are spooky so stay away from thwe water. cast to an edge of the corn you thru in. i use just a small split shot a few feet up the line. it works best to toss the corn in a day befroe and if possibel that morning and again when fishing. you will know they are there when they start bumping into the line, dozens will show up if your in a good spot. 6 pound test, light tackle, keep the drag somewhat loose, they really will run some line and be patient realling them in, a 15 pounder will take you 10 to 15 minutes. these fish are really spooky, more spooky than any other fish ive fised for including bonefish on the flats, ive tried fly fishing for them and even a floating line laying motionless on the water spooks them, they wont cross under it, they swim around it. carp are very underrated

fishlessman

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 12:47 PM »
What's the point of bow fishing carp? You don't eat them right? So just shoot it, take a picture, and kill it for the hell of it? Even though they have a negative rep, it's a waste of a fish.
some people eat them,Gefilte Fish , and i believe they are good bait in lobster traps

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 12:50 PM »
some people eat them,Gefilte Fish , and i believe they are good bait in lobster traps

There's no lobster in Michigan.
Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

fishlessman

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 01:00 PM »
they can be invasive, even mass allows it, not for me though, i like them cleaning my beach ;D

ricky riged

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 08:16 PM »

Capt.Shay

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 09:34 PM »
This is pretty much THE carp site out there http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php

" Ya' can't catchem ifn yea aint got a hook wet. "

pikeking

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 10:54 PM »
I will be heading out this Saturday if anyone wants to go. I will be in Pittsfield Ma at about 730am.
We make dough balls with corn meal, flour, garlic powder, and olive oil.
IF FISHING WAS WORK, I\\\'D NEVER BE SICK!!!!!!!!

butchy54

• Dead Trout Dont Rise
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 07:32 AM »
I will be heading out this Saturday if anyone wants to go. I will be in Pittsfield Ma at about 730am.
We make dough balls with corn meal, flour, garlic powder, and olive oil.
get some hamburg and make some meatballs I think there Italian Carp in that area ;D ;D ;D

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 08:38 AM »
where is indian lake?

indian lake is in wormtown (worcester)

have not been there in years..plan on vehicle being broken into is what i hear lately...

i drive by there a lot, never see anyone fishing it

burp

lenz
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

JRSwillow

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 08:46 AM »
once i was fishing one of my spots in the creek and i was using a crankbait, and i hooked up on a fish, i knew it wasnt a salmon, when i saw it i was real suprised it was a 20-25lb. carp, the thing hit my crank man hahahahha would of never thought it was a carp

lavaman

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 09:05 AM »
once i was fishing one of my spots in the creek and i was using a crankbait, and i hooked up on a fish, i knew it wasnt a salmon, when i saw it i was real suprised it was a 20-25lb. carp, the thing hit my crank man hahahahha would of never thought it was a carp

that's what happened to me. i was casting a lure for pike and it caught the dorsal fin and took my canoe for a ride. had my buddy net it for a pic then back in the water. they are slimy buggers. i was a nice big mirror and that is the only 1 i have ever gotten so far. i even went out to target them and couldn't get them. used a hair jig and all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.