FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gota boat  (Read 1776 times)

MrMarty51

Gota boat
« on: Dec 27, 2010, 02:32 AM »
Whatpole and I took a bit of a trip last winter,a drive over to Clarksville Tenn. where We picked it up at,spent the night at Mine cousins and headed home the next day.
Traveled across kentucky heading for Saint Louis Mo,before We got there it had started snowing,by the time We got to St.Louis it waas getting bad,kelly was driving and counting cars in the ditch,He quit counting at 250 and We were not out of town,had to wait for the wrecker crew to clear some wreckeage and continued on,Kelly drove most of the night,stopped at Council Bluffs for a hour or two and rested in the pickumup,we had been running in 4x4 mode all the way but visibility got too bad,stirred at daylight and took off again,got to Sioux Falls S.D. where they had the roads shut down,We discovered a secondary We could take so We traveled on that for a ways,crossed under the interstate and there was a ramp without any sign of road closed so We decided to check it out,there were cars and trucks trarveling on the innerstate so We figured it must be open and proceded on,there was`nt enough snow on that road to warrant it being closed.
Come up over a hill,visibility was low and here comes this pile of snow that had been plowed into the lane We were in,got a bit sideways and got ditched,HP comes along n writes Kelly a ticket and calls a wrecker,We got out,paid the bill and went on our way taking the back road agin over to Mitchell,they had just got it opened to that point,a lady at the gas station exclaimed that it was BS that the road was shut down,I explained to kelly that S.D. has figured out that if they can shut down the road the traveling public will have to stay in their towns and spend money and pay into their sales tax.
Anyhow from Mitchell on to Miles City was clear sailing,we did that trip in about sixty hours,I think,maby less.
Any how here is a video of the boat after We installed a 90/65 Merc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajpYFDJN_NI

"Every hour a person spends fishing is not taken from their lives"
                   Quote from Grant Boyson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.