FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Poll

What store do you like to buy your fishing stuff from?

Bass Pro
41 (15.1%)
Cabela's
66 (24.3%)
Walmart
27 (9.9%)
Dick's
12 (4.4%)
Gander Mtn.
50 (18.4%)
Other
76 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 261

Author Topic: Fishing Store's  (Read 34999 times)

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
Fishing Store's
« on: Jun 29, 2004, 09:25 PM »
I like to buy my fishing stuff from Bass Pro what about you guy's?
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

raleigh

Re: Fishing Store's
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2004, 09:51 PM »
SPORTSMENS WHAREHOUSE & GEAN TAYLORS !!!

Cider

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2004, 09:53 PM »
Cabela's for the quality or hard to find stuff...  Wal-Mart for the basics (hooks, sinkers, certain types of line, floats, etc.) that I wouldn't want to pay shipping on.

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2004, 06:44 AM »
i pickup alot of gear from walmart....but i also like canadian tire....they seem to have a wider range of product....and of course...it depends on the location too....in manitoba...some carry far less than sister stores located in ontario...grump :P

Jigwiggler

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2004, 06:52 AM »
I like to buy my tackle from the smaller individual shops.  I'd rather give my dollar to "Mom and Pop" than the large retail chain, usually get better info too.  ;)
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2004, 07:16 AM »
Man, this one is a tough one. I llike getting my stuff from Dick's only because I tell all relatives and friends that for gifts I would like a Dick's card. So for birthdays, father's day, and Christmas I get tons of Dick's cards, so I get most of my tackle at no $ out of my pocket and I love it. Plus, Dick's always has great sales, that is when I get most of my stuff. Bass pro and cabelas don't have the sales like Dick's does, but they have more of every color, so I do get stuff from Bass pro and Cabelas, too, and I'm not running up the credit cards.
So for convenience, deals, and no $ out of my pocket, I would have to say Dick's sporting goods.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2004, 08:51 AM »
Since Gander Mountain opened in WNY, I've been geeting most stuff there but I usually go where I get the best prices on what I am looking for.  Basically I shop at all the places on the list and then some. 
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2004, 10:32 AM »
I like to buy my tackle from the smaller individual shops.  I'd rather give my dollar to "Mom and Pop" than the large retail chain, usually get better info too.  ;)
same goes for me although wally world and C.T for some items.

bigdave1018

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2004, 10:39 AM »
i get mine all over the usa. i have a friend in va that ties all my small hair jigs for me at a fraction of the store costs. i went to biglots in mattydale when they ist opened and bought 1000 gold and bronze size6 aberdeen hooks. they were marked 50 for 50 cents. tom mann brand too. my bobbers i usally pay cost for like everyone else. i get my plastics bulk like small tubes and some twisters. i like to buy enough so that im not persuaded to go into the higher priced stores and usually enough so that im all set on tackle for years to come. i just started buying my jig hooks bulk [ 28.00 per 1000 delivered] and make my own using small round sinkers and crimp them on using pliers. hey it  works for me. i can make them up for around 3 cents each. i was paying up to a quarter apeice!!!!!!!!! no more.

TimC1086

« Reply #9 on: Jul 04, 2004, 06:48 PM »
As a 17 year old kid, i cant afford to pay 7.49 for a rapala at an independently owned tackle shop taht i can get at k-mart for 5.49... i wish i could, but thats just too much of a difference.

genz_man

« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2004, 06:01 AM »
Bass Pro - Wal mart - Dicks - Gander Mountain and Cabelas. Walmart and Bass Pro are real close to home for me. Dicks and Gander when traveling to pa and Cabelas shop online. There can never-ever be enough fishing tackle out there ;) I also enjoy stopping in at smaller tackle shops when traveling cause you can sometimes find great tackle at rock bottom prices and meet really friendly people.   

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Jul 17, 2004, 10:18 PM »
EVERYWHERE  ;D
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2004, 11:13 PM »
I buy some stuff from bass pro. One of my 2 river trout reels is a bass pro specialty. I also have a medium action rod for bass that is bass pro. It is my fav. lake rod.
But besides that, I buy from 2 stores: The chain Sportsman's  Warehouse, and the local store, Gene Taylors.

Esox

« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2004, 01:58 PM »
I get most of my stuff from the local guys. I try to avoid the chain stores. The local shops are the ones open at 6am or earlier when I need to get something I forgot and they are also the ones that carry the bait.  I think they deserve my business more then the box stores. The little extra money is worth it for all that they do.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #14 on: Aug 30, 2004, 03:55 PM »
LL BEAN where the trout swim indoors and the doors have no locks!!they are always open so you can get what you need anytime!!
Scotty 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.