FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Poll

What store do you like to buy your fishing stuff from?

Bass Pro
41 (15.1%)
Cabela's
66 (24.3%)
Walmart
27 (9.9%)
Dick's
12 (4.4%)
Gander Mtn.
50 (18.4%)
Other
76 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 261

Author Topic: Fishing Store's  (Read 34994 times)

Jigwiggler

Re: Fishing Store's
« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2004, 04:00 PM »
LL BEAN where the trout swim indoors and the doors have no locks!!they are always open so you can get what you need anytime!!

That is a cool store!!  Was there once about 15 years ago.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2004, 09:43 PM »
Well I stock up when I go to Winnipeg and visit Pro Am tackle or the fishing hole. I also buy some lures at Canadian tire and walmart. Man I had a chance to visit the bass pro shop in Tennessee a couple weeks back. They had the biggest aquarium I have ever seen. What a supply of tackle. I wish we had a store like that in Manitoba.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

mjc2799

« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2005, 02:44 PM »
I buy most of my stuff from a local bait shop ... but i do buy from wal-mart , cabelas , and bass pro shops ... i get my jigs for ice fishing from jamminjigs.com  .... i like a kid in a candy store when i do vist any of these places

mike
mike

cnyfishing

« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2005, 06:00 PM »
I usually like to buy from local shops, but now there is a gander Mt. about a mile from my house and it is hard to resist doing in every week.
"Telephone repair men climb poles fishermen use rods"
      -Gary Loomis
Late to bed, early to rise; fish all day, make up lies.
                  There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

mongo

« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2005, 06:41 PM »
I was buying most of my stuff from Bass Pro but have been getting more and more from Cabela's. They seem to have a wider selection of other items as well.

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 12, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I like dicks or gander mtn. but the some of best deals are on ebay.  also if anyone here is from NY and are passing the plattsburgh area there is tackle shop called Gordon's Marine it is about 2mi west of plattsburgh on rt 3. The owner of the shop is one of those persons you just have to meet.  She has one of the lagest selections of everything (salt, fresh, and flyfishing). If you do stop in be prepared to stay at while b/c she is a talker and says some of the craziest, and most hilarious things.
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #21 on: Apr 12, 2005, 11:08 AM »
There are no chains on kodiak but there is a sportmans wherehouse in anchorage. I rarely go the sportsmans warhouse cuz there fly fishing gear and selection sucks. I do most all my shopping with Cabelas and Macks Sport Shop which is on kodiak.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 04:46 AM »
For the more expensive stuff I buy at Gander Mountain because I get a discount from them.  Also they will price match the bigger catolog places and I don't have to pay shipping.  For the smaller stuff I buy from local Mom and Pop stores.  I don't mind spending a little more there but will save $30-50 dollars when I can.

I'm cheap but not easy...... :unsure:

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #23 on: Sep 17, 2005, 08:03 AM »
We just got our first Bass Pro Shop in Ontario last year. i have made multiple trips as well as a few internet orders. As for Gander Mount and Cabelas neither have stores in Ontario or Im sure i would be even more poor.

CRANKY

« Reply #24 on: Sep 26, 2005, 03:58 PM »
i like to buy from the mom & pop shops because of friendly service and good reliable info. even though most of my stuff lately has been come from gander mountain because of selection and convenience

zelmo

« Reply #25 on: Jun 26, 2006, 06:38 PM »
I have been out of fishing for the most part for about 15 years.  Back then I used to mail order from Bass Pro Shops.  Does anyone know if the prices in their stores are the same as the internet prices?

xp600

« Reply #26 on: Jun 28, 2006, 07:50 AM »
The people at the two local, non-chain hunting/fishing stores around me have bad attitudes and higher prices.  Though it would be nice to support the local guys, the extra price I would pay would only get me aggravated.  I still stop in once in a while, but generally only to have my conceptions reinforced, and usually its,  Yep - they same a**es are still here, going over to Dick's I guess.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #27 on: Jun 28, 2006, 03:57 PM »
I have a local shop here too.  Prices are higher, but if I could get the idle chat, recommendations, etc I would pay it.  But the guy who owns it doesn't like to talk to the customers.  In the end, that's the only thing that the little guys have over the chains.  They can't usually beat the prices.

Thestanimal

« Reply #28 on: Sep 04, 2006, 06:36 PM »
LL BEAN where the trout swim indoors and the doors have no locks!!they are always open so you can get what you need anytime!!

I'm with you-occasionally kittery trading post.
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

Fishingking

« Reply #29 on: Sep 04, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Chose Gander Mtn because its the biggest/best store thats the closest to me I like to look at what I am buying dont really enjoy Catalog shopping
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.