FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Discussion: your opinions on mass dfw stocking program  (Read 4930 times)

JFeen82

• 4.5lb bow
Re: Discussion: your opinions on mass dfw stocking program
« Reply #30 on: Apr 15, 2011, 07:25 PM »
I know. The trout guys get all up in arms when someone mentions pike. I don't understand why the state can't cater to more than just the trout guys.

I agree the state should cater to the pike guys too! I'd pay more for my license if they stocked pike and tigers more often.

ebour

« Reply #31 on: Apr 16, 2011, 08:25 AM »
You know, trout end up in many pike lakes. He who does research gets rewarded. Ask me of you are wondering where

taxid

« Reply #32 on: Apr 16, 2011, 09:27 AM »
Did you guys get much of a return on your tiger musky stockings? Here in Indiana they grew fast got to a decent size(but not as large as they shoudl have), and pretty much petered out.  My state is now stocking regular muskies and gets a better return and survival rate.  No reproduction though. Something is missing in the habitat.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

jtk2

« Reply #33 on: Apr 16, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Tigers are sterile and don't reproduce. We have very low numbers here and are very lucky if u catch one. Wish we had more because they are the coolest looking fish out there IMO.
id rather catch nothing by myself than alot in a crowd.

taxid

« Reply #34 on: Apr 16, 2011, 12:36 PM »
Tigers are sterile and don't reproduce. We have very low numbers here and are very lucky if u catch one. Wish we had more because they are the coolest looking fish out there IMO.

Yes I know tigers are sterile. When I said "return" I meant angler success.

The pure strain can reproduce but don't for some reason in our lakes. We have no closed season and that makes for some hefty fish weight wise in gravid females. The state record pure strain musky which I mounted had a 28 inch girth. She was 42 lbs. 8 oz. and 50 inches in length.
Conversely out state record Tiger Musky was only 24 lbs.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.