FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: youth turkey hunt  (Read 1134 times)

kvf650

youth turkey hunt
« on: Apr 23, 2011, 07:18 PM »
I know its not fishing but did anyone get out with a kid turkey hunting ? I took my son out and he got his first bird ever by 7:20 ,a 16 lb jake.The weather was terrible but 4 came in at 15 yards and he let loose ! Get those kids out hunting and fishing our sports depend on it !!

pieman1998

Re: youth turkey hunt
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2011, 07:33 AM »
no we have hunter ed class satday 22 pleople passed

bobber down

• king jiggler
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2011, 07:51 AM »
Ya weather in Pa. was lousey also but we set the blind up n put a few decks in the field and at 7:15 two long beards showed up ant my friends son blasted a 9 in bearded gobbler his first long beard he shot a jake last yr on the youth hunt.the high point of the day was him wrestling it in the field after he shot it it was comical. Happy Easter to all
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

redarrow61

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Ya weather in Pa. was lousey also but we set the blind up n put a few decks in the field and at 7:15 two long beards showed up ant my friends son blasted a 9 in bearded gobbler his first long beard he shot a jake last yr on the youth hunt.the high point of the day was him wrestling it in the field after he shot it it was comical. Happy Easter to all
nothing better than taking a kid hunting i still apprieciate it that my grampa my dad and my cousin took me with them and every weekend at Saratoga Lake icefishing since the age of 7 im now 50 and i never forget ... they r times that will remain with me forever

OTIS

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2011, 07:45 AM »
Congrats!  I took my son out Saturday morning for our first turkey hunt, and the weather was brutal.  The wind and rain kept the birds out of our field.  We'll go again this weekend, hopefully one will cooperate.  We still had a good time though.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

kvf650

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2011, 10:02 AM »
Took the step son on sunday and we seen 8 but we were on a time limit, hard to get on by 8:00. So we let them be and we will try on may 1 to get him a bird.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.