FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: where can i find some smallmouths  (Read 3470 times)

Shimpdogg

Re: where can i find some smallmouths
« Reply #15 on: Jun 03, 2011, 07:08 AM »

X2 Wallum is awesome for smallmouth, so isnt the fench river

What part of the french would that be? cant be the oxford to webster section......

fishlessman

« Reply #16 on: Jun 03, 2011, 08:11 AM »
merrimack river from methuen to the lowell border is full of them and the river is really a nice place to fish in that stretch, 2 cars and a canoe and float it

re-pete

« Reply #17 on: Jun 03, 2011, 02:40 PM »
What part of the french would that be? cant be the oxford to webster section......

webster, heading towards the end of school st. Have to drive the quads to get their, but we kill em

stripernut

« Reply #18 on: Jun 03, 2011, 11:29 PM »
Lots of great smallies on the Conn. River, shore or boat.

stitch

« Reply #19 on: Jun 04, 2011, 09:03 AM »
hey big E,if you get to the berkshires lake garfield is a real good smallie lake.but bring your canoe because you cant launch a boat after june 1.

ebour

« Reply #20 on: Jun 04, 2011, 02:34 PM »
hey big E,if you get to the berkshires lake garfield is a real good smallie lake.but bring your canoe because you cant launch a boat after june 1.
why? goose was nice. i will try garfield.

djb

« Reply #21 on: Jun 04, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Wallum Lake in Douglas in full of smallmouths. I've caught a few 4 pounders there. My own vote for the biggest smallies is Wachusett Reservoir. My biggest there was almost 6 lbs. Quabbin is full of them as well. :tipup:

ebour

« Reply #22 on: Jun 05, 2011, 07:38 AM »
thanks for the info. may be down there this afternoon.

TroutTroller

• Lund wc-14 3.5 horse merc...beats any day at work
« Reply #23 on: Jun 05, 2011, 07:22 PM »
sheep pond brewster has big smallies as well...so does peters pond...long pond also

ebour

« Reply #24 on: Jun 06, 2011, 02:06 PM »
if only i could convince my dad to go out to the cape. which is the best? i was also thinking about nickerson state park. are there large numbers of them there as well?

Santo180

« Reply #25 on: Jun 06, 2011, 02:10 PM »
Too bad you don't live near the adirondacks.  Catching smallies was so easy, even my sister was catching them and it must have been the first time she's touched a fishing pole in over a decade.

volume4130

« Reply #26 on: Jun 06, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Too bad you don't live near the adirondacks.  Catching smallies was so easy, even my sister was catching them and it must have been the first time she's touched a fishing pole in over a decade.

I agree...I grew up right across the river from you (Niskayuna) and fished the Mohawk all the time....made it up to Lake George a fair amount of times as well.  Smallmouth was definitely king in that area!

Out here, I've only had luck with smallies in the Mystic River and a few spots that your not exactly supposed to fish at...

ebour

« Reply #27 on: Jun 07, 2011, 04:42 PM »
by the way, are there any stripers in the mystic? you mean by lower mystic lake right

volume4130

« Reply #28 on: Jun 07, 2011, 08:50 PM »
by the way, are there any stripers in the mystic? you mean by lower mystic lake right

Yep, that's the river...goes out the Harbor.  There are definitely stripers there...I think there are more below the dam in Medford, but the do get up to the rest of the river and the lake.  I've seen them dart under my kayak while fishing near the mouth of the lake, and my landlord was telling me how and a buddy pulled one through the ice one year!  I think a lot of people fish on or around the dam for stripers...no boat required.  I'm not 100% sure, since I haven't done it, but it's a logical place to find them.

ebour

« Reply #29 on: Jun 07, 2011, 09:08 PM »
Well that seems some what close. I should try there after school. Where do you put a boat in

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.