FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Your Favorite Fish dishes..  (Read 10568 times)

smokey

Re: Your Favorite Fish dishes..
« Reply #15 on: Aug 04, 2011, 04:29 PM »
Kinda stumbled across this one. We had some leftover trout from a party. It was cooked on the grill, nothing too fancy. But I really don't like the idea of eating leftover fish. Just something about it. So we mixed it with some stovetop stuffing mix and made something like a casserole. Possibly my new favorite meal.

Eye Hunter

« Reply #16 on: Aug 04, 2011, 04:52 PM »
Mine is quite simple, Nice walleye filet, Dipped in egg then crushed Ritz Crackers fry in some EVOO. better taste than bread crumbs.

filetandrelease

« Reply #17 on: Aug 04, 2011, 06:44 PM »
just like it simple pan fried is my favorite heres some nice Oneida lake jumbo perch with some red salt potatoes mmmmm

perchgypsy

« Reply #18 on: Aug 04, 2011, 07:04 PM »
i dont eat mayo but my uncle likes to take a trout or salmon filet andtake the meat off the bones
mix it up like tuna salad and eat in a sandwich ...just thought someone would like to try a new idea
i personally eat panfish mainly and walleye (white and flakey) i like to wrap some perch filets in foil with butter onions salt pepper and toss it on the grill for a few ...yuuuummm some times even squeeze a lemon over it after its done ;)

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #19 on: Aug 05, 2011, 06:38 AM »
In a gallon plastic bag mix panko crumbs with salt, pepper and dill. Mix the fish fillets in there then pan fry with a mixture of butter and EVOO. Drizzle on some lemon when they are done. Sides at this time of year include local produce.

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Salmon Chowder

ingredients

1 pound fresh skinless salmon fillets or one 15-ounce can salmon, rinsed, drained, flaked, and skin and bones removed
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1-1/2 cups water
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
2-1/2 cups cubed red-skinned potatoes (3 medium)
1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups fat-free milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch

directions

Rinse fresh salmon; pat dry. Set aside. In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir carrots, onion, and celery in hot oil about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, to poach fresh salmon, in a large skillet bring water to boiling. Add salmon. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon from skillet, discarding poaching liquid. Flake salmon into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
Stir the broth, potatoes, corn, dill, and salt into vegetables in saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occassionally.
Stir together 1/2 cup of the milk and cornstarch. Add milk mixture to saucepan. Stir in remaining milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Gently stir in poached salmon or canned salmon. Heat through. Makes eight 1-1/4-cup servings.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #21 on: Aug 08, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Succulent Steelhead Trout with Orange
Ingredients -

2 small steelhead filets or a halved larger filet
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
1 white onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Salt and black pepper
Strips of orange zest, for garnish

Preparation:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Remove the skin from the steelhead, rinse and pat it dry.

Line a baking dish with foil and arrange the onion slices on it.

Place the fish on top of the onion. Sprinkle over the dill, salt and pepper.

Sprinkle the vegetable oil and orange juice over the fish.

Cover and seal the fillets in foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.

Garnish the baked filets with the strips of orange zest and serve with cooked potatoes and vegetables.

(Serves 2)

16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #22 on: Aug 08, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Broiled Steelhead

1 lb steelhead fillet, with or without skin
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
1 lemon, zest of
1/2 lemon, juice of
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
additional oil, for greasing baking pan
Directions:
1Prepare a baking or roasting pan by lining it with foil and brushing it with olive oil.2Preheat broiler.3Mix together all remaining ingredients except fish into a well-blended paste.4Place fish skin-side down (if it has skin) on baking sheet, then spread seasoning over flesh.5Broil fish at second rack away from heat for 5 minutes or less, just enough to sear flesh but not burn herbs.6Lower fish to 3rd or 4th rack and lower oven heat to 325°F Bake for 10 additional minutes, or until fish is cooked through in the thickest portion.7Serve with steamed vegetables, salad, orzo salad, whatever

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #23 on: Aug 08, 2011, 06:01 PM »
Honey Browned Trout (Brown Trout)

2  fish fillets (trout salmon or steelhead)  
 1/3cup  light brown sugar  
1/4 cup  honey  
 2  garlic cloves  
 1 tbsp  olive oil  
 1 pinch  kosher salt  
 1 pinch  black pepper  

Directions
Heat oven to 350°F.
In a food processor or blender combine honey, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Puree/process until well mixed. (Will look like slightly melted whipped butter).
Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly butter (your choice). Place fillets in dish.
Brush on the honey sauce, trying to use it all.
Sprinkle with brown sugar, covering the fillets.
Bake (my fillets took 30 minutes to be done) until fillets are golden brown and the sugar has caramelized.
Serve warm.

KeepaCatcha

« Reply #24 on: Aug 08, 2011, 06:18 PM »
we keep it simple also......in my opinion you cant beat fresh fried striper straight off the boat....cant forget a squeeze of lemon on top too

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #25 on: Aug 08, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Im with freddy on this nice and easy. Fried perch ,crappie,bluegil, or walleye

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #26 on: Sep 16, 2011, 02:23 AM »
Poor mans dish.... Cheese filled meat roll

2lbs lean ground beef
4 eggs
1/2 cup bread crumbs (seasoned)
1/8 cup corn meal
1/8 cup low moisture mozz. cheese (shredded)
1/8 cup chedder cheese (shredded)
Plenty of parmesan cheese
2 TBS mustard
2 cans beef gravy (I make my own)
1 cup fresh mushrooms (chopped)

Mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, corn meal, mustard and your favorite seasonings in a bowl until well mixed. Lay out on floured table, flatten to a 18"x 12" rectangle. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, then spread rest off cheeses over meat, leaving one inch clearance on the edges. Start at one corner , and carefully roll towards the opposing corner.(similar to a jelly roll). Once rolled, seal up all gaps so cheese will not escape during cooking process. Put roll in 10x12 baking dish.  Pour gravy and mushrooms over roll. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes covered, basting every 15 min. Then turn oven to 400 deg. Uncover dish, and cook for approx. 30 more min. basting one or two more times. Top of meat should crisp and caramelize a bit. Let dish sit ateast 15-20 minutes on the counter before cutting and serving to allow cheese inside to set up. Enjoy

NYSporty

« Reply #27 on: Sep 16, 2011, 06:48 AM »
Stuffed zucchini or squash.
Take the big ones that got away from you cut them down the middle and scoop out the seeds.
Mix Sausage shredded cheese some chopped onion and green pepper spaghetti sauce and what ever seasons you like in a bowl. stuff the Kinnie or squash top with more sauce and cheese wrap in tin foil place in cookie sheet bake 375 for 45 to 60 min.
I used hot sausage and jalapeno pepper with pepper jack and used big green peppers the other night and wow was it good.

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #28 on: Sep 16, 2011, 07:53 AM »
Here you go, boys!!  I know you're all drooling over this one:

Freshwater Drum Jambalaya

1 lb. freshwater drum fillets 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 C chopped bacon 1 C uncooked rice
1 C chopped onion 1/4 C chopped parsley
1/2 C chopped green pepper 1 t salt
1 clove garlic, finely chopped 1/4 t thyme
1 chicken bouillon cube dash of ground cloves
1 C boiling water dash of nutmeg
1 can (16 oz.) tomatoes dash of cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Thaw frozen fillets. Skin fillets and cut into 1” pieces. Cook bacon
until crisp. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic, cook until tender.
Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water. Combine all ingredients and
pour into a well-greased two-quart casserole. Cover and bake for 50-
60 minutes or until rice is tender and fish flakes apart easily when
tested with a fork. Serves 6.

Santo180

« Reply #29 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:49 AM »
My forays into cooking my catch all involve aluminum foil, garlic, butter, lemon, and a grill.  I think all fish taste good cooked that way but I'll definitely have to give these recipes a try.  I'll have to catch some keepers this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.