FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon Fishing  (Read 4952 times)

FLAG

Salmon Fishing
« on: Sep 02, 2004, 12:28 PM »
Leaving tomorrow night for Lake Ontario.. I will be fishing Saturday and Sunday ;D ;D ;D can't wait.

tcfish

Re: Salmon Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2004, 01:54 PM »

Hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                   lucky you

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2004, 02:49 PM »
WOW GOOD LUCK MARK!!!!!  you lucky DAWG 8)
Scotty 

Bigfish57

« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2004, 09:31 PM »
nice man. Get a big king for me!
Anthony

FLAG

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2004, 06:36 AM »
We had a blast ;D ;D ;D We landed 16 out of 23 hits. the biggest one was 24#'s. The bite seemed to be different from last year. the captain was saying the fish were just hitting it and not running with. He said they were just thrashing around after the bite and the hookup ratio was down because of it. None the less it was a good trip. Already making plans for next year ;D ;D ;D

Fish Monger

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2004, 07:51 AM »
Dubber........ oh well, I'm headed out Oct 8th to fishing the Salmon River off Lake Ontario. Hope we catch them on the run to spawn. Wish it was now though....

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2004, 04:42 AM »
sounds like some pretty good fishing flag!!glad to hear you rocked them!
Scotty 

ajwiez2

« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2004, 07:41 PM »
We had a blast ;D ;D ;D We landed 16 out of 23 hits. the biggest one was 24#'s. The bite seemed to be different from last year. the captain was saying the fish were just hitting it and not running with. He said they were just thrashing around after the bite and the hookup ratio was down because of it. None the less it was a good trip. Already making plans for next year ;D ;D ;D
FLAG glad to have meant you up at Oswego  and glad that you had a good trip . What are you going to be fishing for when you come back in Dec ??? you can drop me a line and let me know , maybe we can get together and go.  aj

Fish Monger

« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2004, 03:53 PM »
Alright, now it's my turn. I'm heading to Pulaski this Thursday, Oct 7th to fish the Salmon River. Hoping the big bruisers are headed upstream to spawn.
Saw the awesome picture Flag brought back from his trip, now I've just got to catch one a little bigger to rub it in.....    ;D

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2004, 04:32 PM »
wow you should be in for it too andrew!!have fun man and dont forget the camera!!
Scotty 

Jigwiggler

« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2004, 04:40 PM »
Your timing should be good, most reports are putting the most fish in the mid and upper river the last few days with a decent number of fresh fish moving in the lower end each day.  The "big one" should happen any day now bringing in the mother load!!!  Hope you hit it!!  Good luck!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

FLAG

« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2004, 05:38 AM »
I would love to see him hit the Mother Load ;D ;D He is bringing his Father-in-law with him, this guy gets excited over a 14" salmon so i can not imagine what he is going to do over 20 plus pounder.... That is the story i want hear...

Fish Monger

« Reply #12 on: Oct 11, 2004, 11:03 AM »
Things didn't go so well. We had fun but it was a little disappointing.
Don't trust the reports to much. I heard good to great reports for a week before we got there. Even the local tackle shop advertised that the fishing was really picking up.
Don't get me wrong, there are Salmon in the Salmon River and plenty of them. Catching them by legal means is another matter. The river was very low and there were a high number of fishermen. There were enough lines in such a confined space that a high number of fish "hooked" were actually foul hooked and constitutes as snagging. That's a $100 fine. Of the nine that the two of us hooked into (the guide himself hooked into another 5) there were none landed that were legally taken. We came home with no fish.  :'(

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #13 on: Oct 11, 2004, 03:37 PM »
well thats too bad andrew.i cant believ some of the stories ive heard about pulaski river and the huge crowds ???
Scotty 

Jigwiggler

« Reply #14 on: Oct 11, 2004, 03:42 PM »
Hey, look at it this way, at least you got to fight a few.  That's the best part, they aren't very good eating once they enter the river anyway.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.