FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Forry with a nice salmon  (Read 2891 times)

61gun

Forry with a nice salmon
« on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:24 AM »
Forry with salmon.... Caught on a cool water streamer 35' off the rigger. Fish was 24"

Epkomd

Re: Forry with a nice salmon
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:27 AM »
nice salmon you have there.

like the colors

KeepaCatcha

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2011, 11:20 AM »
nice fish...looks good n' healthy

james

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2011, 11:35 AM »
Nice one! congrats!

FishEnticer

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:04 PM »
That's a beauty Forry   :thumbup_smilie:
There’s just one thing that’s buggin me....I’ve added and subtracted till  I can’t see…With all the equipment that I have found....A fish cost me $50.00 a pound.

deerme

« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Nice fish guys....were you using a g2 or running the streamer with no action???

61gun

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2011, 04:47 AM »
Nice fish guys....were you using a g2 or running the streamer with no action???

G2, 1st fish on one this year!!

Bought 2 stackers and 2 planners and have been using them on and off all year. I was expecting a lot more production from them (kind of dissappointed). We ran 2 riggers with the g2 stackers and 2 riggers without. 1 stacker rigger got the above salmon.... We had 2 ldr's off the riggers with no g2's.

lewk24

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2011, 05:20 AM »
nice salmon...

MGK

« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2011, 06:18 AM »
Very nice salmon!
It is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

deerme

« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2011, 09:53 AM »
G2, 1st fish on one this year!!

Bought 2 stackers and 2 planners and have been using them on and off all year. I was expecting a lot more production from them (kind of dissappointed). We ran 2 riggers with the g2 stackers and 2 riggers without. 1 stacker rigger got the above salmon.... We had 2 ldr's off the riggers with no g2's.

i picked up the g2 DR ball in the spring, and more recently bought the DR setup w/out the ball.  i have mixed feelings on the results....  i, too, expected a lot more hookups!  i did however hook into two NICE salmon earlier this year while fishing solo.  one flopped out of the net three times and snapped the leader the third time and the other jumped 10' from the boat, shook it's head, and snapped the leader.  both were BIG (5+ pounders) salmon, i'm estimating  ;D   

i've also caught a few lakers on the G2's and maybe one rainbow. 

it seems like you really need to be moving (2.5 MPH or faster) to get good jigging action out of them.  do you troll faster when you're running the G2's?

i really like the streamers they sell on their site (http://www.cut2spec.com/cee%20dee%20flys.htm).  they are some of the highest quality streamers i've seen, which i suppose doesn't say much since i've only been salmon fishing for a year now LOL

61gun

« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2011, 12:55 PM »
i picked up the g2 DR ball in the spring, and more recently bought the DR setup w/out the ball.  i have mixed feelings on the results....  i, too, expected a lot more hookups!  i did however hook into two NICE salmon earlier this year while fishing solo.  one flopped out of the net three times and snapped the leader the third time and the other jumped 10' from the boat, shook it's head, and snapped the leader.  both were BIG (5+ pounders) salmon, i'm estimating  ;D   

i've also caught a few lakers on the G2's and maybe one rainbow. 

it seems like you really need to be moving (2.5 MPH or faster) to get good jigging action out of them.  do you troll faster when you're running the G2's?

i really like the streamers they sell on their site (http://www.cut2spec.com/cee%20dee%20flys.htm).  they are some of the highest quality streamers i've seen, which i suppose doesn't say much since i've only been salmon fishing for a year now LOL

Usually fish from 2.5- 3 mph w/ spoons and around 3 with streamers. Bought a bunch of flies from him that John recommended this spring. I agreethey look real nice, he packages them and ships them out real nice!!!                                                                                 

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Thanks for the info on the G2's Guys...Been thinking of picking one up to give it a shot? On days when the fishing is slow, I always like to experiment.... Mix it up until ya find what works...

Good Looking Salmon Forry, Congrats  ;)

deerme

« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2011, 08:28 PM »
So far every time I've unleashed the g2 and a streamer when the fishing was slow I've yet to get a hit!!  I try different streamers, lures, and speeds but have yet to have a setup that triggers the bite during lulls. I'd love to hear other's experiences with the g2's...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.