FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Ontario browns  (Read 1644 times)

GraniteBass

Lake Ontario browns
« on: Aug 20, 2011, 11:32 AM »
I had friends visiting from Europe. Since they wanted to see Niagara Falls, we planned a little Lake Ontario fishing on the way back to NH.

We went out with Bullseye Charters from Rochester and we could not have been happier. Captain Len did an awesome job. First he tried to target king salmon but they were nowhere to be found. So we switched gears and went after the browns. The captain did a great job and put us on the fish. I would very highly recommend him if anyone is looking for a fun time on Lake Ontario.

We have landed 7 browns - 2 small ones released and a we even caught a small salmon that we released. But the remaining 5 were real porkers. 1 nice male hookjaw (landed by me) and 4 fat females. All four of us landed fish, all of us had one at least a big one.

Here are the porkers:

Tape for size comparison:

Like they tell you, vomerine teeth in a zig-zag pattern:

10+ lbs of fillets:

KeepaCatcha

Re: Lake Ontario browns
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2011, 03:19 PM »
nice browns....good lookin fillets too

Dispy

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2011, 04:42 PM »
Congrats on your Ontario catches GB. Post up a recipe ;)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

raate

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2011, 09:39 PM »
 ;D Nice catch! It sounds like you picked a good Captain, and he did a great job of putting you on fish!  8) ;D
Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience!

deerme

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2011, 09:57 AM »
thanks for posting, i love reading about fishing that lake!  hoping to get out there for a charter or two in the next couple of years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Nice Browns GB! :thumbup_smilie: Looks like it was a Good trip!

This is the first year in the last 7or 8 that I wasn't able to get out there :-\  Love getting into those BIG FISH! ;D Hopefully, soon I'll be able to train the Little Guy into "persuading" his mother into going a few times a year  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.