FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Grand Lake Matagamon  (Read 4830 times)

fishboy1

• I like pickled sticklebacks
Grand Lake Matagamon
« on: Sep 28, 2004, 07:55 AM »
Fished 2 hours friday night and 8 hours on saturday. 10 togue and 2 salmon total between the two of us. good action to be had at Matagamon but the fish are on the small side......no togue over 18 inches or salmon over 14.  beautiful country......saw two moose in the water as we left sunday morning and coyotes were howling all night long......

Hopefully roxanne quimby won't buy every acre of land in that township so I can go back there with my kids years from now and show them what pretty country it is!
I love my pimped out 66 Corson

Bigfish57

Re: Grand Lake Matagamon
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2004, 12:48 PM »
Amen. I am a gentlemen, but boy I would love to smack that women  :o
Anthony

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2004, 02:52 PM »
ok guys i feel a little uninformed here.maybe you could enlighten me about this lady you love to hate so much
Scotty 

Out4Trout

« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2004, 07:22 PM »
I've only fished Matagamon in the winter, and it was slow and very windy. Didn't cach much.

Must be the bee wax woman that you guys are talking about. She bought up thousands of acres of land in northern Maine and she wants to keep it "natural". I don't think she's too fond of hunting or fishing. We better enjoy the access to the north Maine woods while we can, it won't be available for ever. Plus it will be over run by bears if this ban passes. For Safety - For Science  Vote No on 2.

jrelaxin

« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2004, 10:41 PM »
yeah she is the one who is against anything not drawn by a horse......an outhouse might  be modern for her........she'd be more at home in greenland....lol
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

fishboy1

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2004, 07:23 AM »
I've only fished Matagamon in the winter, and it was slow and very windy. Didn't cach much.

Must be the bee wax woman that you guys are talking about. She bought up thousands of acres of land in northern Maine and she wants to keep it "natural". I don't think she's too fond of hunting or fishing. We better enjoy the access to the north Maine woods while we can, it won't be available for ever. Plus it will be over run by bears if this ban passes. For Safety - For Science  Vote No on 2.
60 thousand acres and counting......the sports camp owners between shin pond and matagamon may lose their ITS trail if she has her way.....the loss of revenue will be devastating for all the folks trying to make a living up there.

Bigfish57

« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2004, 11:52 AM »
If she gets her way and they shut down the bear hunt, Patten will beome a ghost  town.

She says no hunting or traping Period. Not motorized equipment, That mean all the snowmobile trails that have been there forever are shut down. She will also be gateing off a setion of the "golden road" this spring (I thing is when) forcing a new road to be made.

What can we do? She bought the land from Irving and sincem she owns it she can post it right? 60,000 is a lot of land and $$$$$ being taken away from the region. SHAME on Irving for not grandfathering the right to acess this land.
Anthony

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2004, 12:01 PM »
how can you shut down the golden road???thats as close to an east to west highway as this state has ever seen!!ive seen more deer, moose,bear,and just plain wildlife in my travels on the golden road than anywhere else.
Scotty 

Bigfish57

« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2004, 09:27 AM »
If I read the article correctly then it is "only" a 1.5 mile stretch. I'll look up the piece in the mag after I finish Varnishing the cabinet I finally found the time to complete
Anthony

fishboy1

« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2004, 11:05 AM »
I cut up my Irving card last week when I learned of this. The other paper co.'s are not dealing with her as much but that may change if she outbids other interested parties....she paid 8 million for a chunk of land in that area......I believe it was double what the state was offering for the same land.

Bigfish57

« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2004, 05:55 PM »
The whole thing is crazy really.  If the land was in the middle of east bum.... then ok I can see if she wants to keep it "pure"  ::) but this is land that gets constant use! IRving has enough money, the state needs to strong arm them or at least get them to understand there is more that just $$ at stake.
Anthony

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.