FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sasha.....one man's dog  (Read 7450 times)

grumpymoe

Re: Sasha.....one man's dog
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2004, 09:57 AM »
Update!!!...opened the porch door this morning before 6:00 am intending to sweep the snow and was greeted by Sasha....OMG....i could just imagine the owner out in the dark watching....a quick pet and out the door to work....made sure nancy swept off the steps just in case he followed tracks to the inside...man this is one tight spot to be in.... :-\...Grump

buzzbomb

« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2004, 10:12 AM »
I think you're giving the guy too much latitude....we don't "need all kinds"  we just happen to have all kinds.  The guy sounds unstable and might shoot the dog if it doesn't meet up to his  expectations.  On the other hand, farmers want their dogs to stay home and she won't. I suggest keeping an eye on the situation and if you see him abusing  her report him and if that isn't an option try to buy her.  He might jump at the offer.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Yeah buzz that is an idea mabey the Arse would sell the dog because it just isn't what he wants from a dog I'm sure he could find another good dog that is more commited to working instead of seeking love and affection that would be right for his needs Sasha is obviously a lover not a straight up working dog it doesn't make her a bad dog just not what the guy needs and he isn't going to beat it out of her that's for sure just the wrong dog for him this might be an angle of attack??????

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2004, 12:02 PM »
i would not shoo the dog away i would make that S.O.B. come get her everytime and if he physically abused the dog in front of me i would press charges and if he wanted to step outside about it i would sick his own dog on him! :D
Scotty 

butterum

« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2004, 04:03 PM »
a sad story of a man jealous of his friendly dog's good nature.....we live on a ranchers 1/4.....along with several forget me not dogs....this border collie is one of a lifetime.....she nips strangers in the heels....but to anyone that knows her inner spirit...she is gentle....loving....and one of a kind.....over the last 1 1/2 years.....her owner has attempted to make her into what he thinks is a great cattle dog.......but Sasha has an intermittent spirit that brings her to loving affection...food..hugs...and mutual admiration of free spirit...........now to the sad part....tonight....nancy and i were in the shanty.....anticipating hardwater.....Sasha comes over...and licks and loves her way into our arms.......wary...that her owner is watching over 1 mile away.....i crystal balled an omninous statement....he's watching......less than 20 minutes.....as Sasha lays curled up around the fire....he.....presents himself in the doorway......more than 10 times...."this is my dog!!!''' how dare you pet her......how dare you show affection to my working dog!!!.....lost for words......what would you say???.......HE grabs her by the scruff of the neck...lifts her off the floor of the shanty....and drops her at his feet....about 8' from the door....."the next time will be the last time" as he drags her away!!!......DONT PET MY DOG!!!!!......what would you do?????...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrump!!!

butterum

« Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2004, 04:26 PM »
Its really unfortunate that this poor excuse of a man  has been given the opportunity to own such a great dog. You can count on the fact he will at some point get back what he has inflicted on that animal. He sounds like he's is very jealous of the relationship you have with this dog . I'm guessing he doesn't have the capabilities to show any affection to-wards sasha or any other living thing for that matter. To bad its gonna make it difficult for you to avoid seeing her.I can only hope that she some how misteriously disappears if you know what I mean.  Hope things work out.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2004, 07:11 PM »
Well I have had the chance to meet sasha. She is a beautiful dog. I would take her in a minute if I had a Yard for her to roam and play in. the night this happened is the same night I went to Grump's for supper. I tell you something. Farmer f'''ng Jed would of been picked up by the collar also. Stupid SOB. I hate people like that. Even if the guy had stated that he did not want his dog petted or played with I would of still done it. That dog needs affection. Never mind what the bastard wants. Grump I swear if I meet this guy he will learn some proper manners. Very sad that you have to look around your around to see if he is watching. That is just not fair.  Sasha you deserve better!!!
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

trapperdirk

« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2004, 11:21 PM »
Well it is a sad situation Grump but having worked with my own and others retrievers I also understand some of this farmers annoyance at his dog and wish to ask you Grump if your not encouraging her to stray from home and in doing so getting Sasha in sh!t . Are you feeding her or giving her snacks when she comes around ? . I bet you are my friend . I've had dogs stray away before and then after much searching and worry found them at a neighbours house or even inside . I also got angry if neighbours fed my dog with treats encouraging her to visit . Dogs belong in their own yard not in the yards of others . She may look sad to you because of how he roughed her up and you only see her good soft side while in reality she is sneaking away from home every chance she gets to partake of the Grumps leftovers . Correct me if I'm wrong on this . She has a job to do and a place to stay and I don't hear of her starving or miskempt so send the little lady packing and all will be happy even her . I also get disgusted at dogs that mooch especially from the table as many friends can attest to and mine get sent out of the room if they do . Sometimes folks even take it upon themselves to forego my requests not to feed them and I tell them to give the dog a whallop or pen her themselves because thats what I will do to discourage the mooching . Bad habits I refuse to live with from my dogs and train them not to have them . Another thing that always bugged me was when folks would throw sticks for my retrievers and letting them immediately fetch them up. This encouraged them to get hardmouthed and also to break which could get them killed . All my hard training going to waste by somebody who didn't realize what it took to make my dogs great pets and hunters .
  Now Grump or anybody don't take this wrong but I always loved my dogs and get wild if people abuse animals but in the same token I am an owner that DEMANDS my dog at home and not slipping around looking for treats or pets from others out of my yard . If my dogs get out of sight or do not immediately appear after I call them I become very concerned and worried and angry at the same time because after a certain age and time spent training they know their boundaries . Picking them dead off the side of the road is worse .

TD

P.S. Good dogs are great because they have one master and dogs that have a neighbourhood for masters are a nuisance .
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

grumpymoe

« Reply #23 on: Oct 17, 2004, 11:01 AM »
Trapper my friend...thats an excellent post!! some pets seem to be everyones pets and Yes, they can become a nuisance...all should know their boundaries....perhaps i should mention that in this instance, this has nothing to do with feeding...let me explain...his wife has 3 dogs...well, now 2...(one put down due to age related problems) and 1 cat....he has 1 dog...we share a common garden out my kitchen window...all the dogs come over when she does her garden work...all have and come on a regular basis...they all look for attention...which never is a problem...yeah, at times you would love to keep them out of the garden and yard...but heh...thats just the way they are....as far as his dog....she is here on a daily basis to do what she is trained to do...heck...its right in my back yard....perhaps these 2 pics will explain....Grump                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.