FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Scanoe Modifications  (Read 4067 times)

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
Scanoe Modifications
« on: Mar 15, 2012, 04:02 PM »
i was given a scanoe, and would like to put some rod holders in it. also, i would like to see any other modifications you may have done to it, or a canoe.

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Scanoe Modifications
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2012, 12:40 PM »
Ok, well I have a 15' Old Town Squareback that I have fully rigged up:

The biggest issue with a canoe is lack of workspace because you can't move around. Everything needs to be within reach. So for my passenger I made a bow mounted work deck. It's 1/4" plywood, 1x3 stock and black enamel primer and paint.

For myself, I made a side mounted console that has a RAM mount for my GPS. It just hooks over the gunwale and can be slid forward/back or moved to the other side. The flat aluminum bar mounted on the top is the handle off a broken ice skimmer with 1" measurements up the thing.

Both the work deck and console can come off the boat in 10 seconds. The pictures show the boat set up for opening day for trout season and sitting on a trailer. Opening day is madness at the launch, so I like to go with the yacht pre-rigged as much as possible. 9 times out of 10 however it is strapped to the top of my truck. I'll try and get some pics of some other mods that aren't nessecarially specific to my boat. For instance, I built a pretty sweet extention cord for my battery/trolling motor.
As for rod holders, I use the ones that clamp on the side as you can see in that last picture. I have 4 of them.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
Re: Scanoe Modifications
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:04 AM »
nice job. that is the kind of things i'm looking for. thanks.

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.