FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Im hitting Massabesic in the morning***PIX Attached and UPDATE  (Read 5214 times)

Dispy

Re: Im hitting Massabesic in the morning***PIX Attached and UPDATE
« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2012, 09:54 PM »
haha I know I am so pumped for him to see what these fish can do you is a straight up woodsman but boy is he in for a surprise haha..I ABSOLUTELY do NOT deal good with snap offs so frustrating!!!
Snap offs, does that count weed fish too :laugh:
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

waterwolf603

« Reply #31 on: Mar 21, 2012, 07:54 AM »
Snap offs, does that count weed fish too :laugh:

Dont get me started on the weed fish hahah I like em better than rock and gravel fish tho
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #32 on: Mar 21, 2012, 08:48 AM »
Dont get me started on the weed fish hahah I like em better than rock and gravel fish tho

8lb test this weekend Eric.....we will be ok!!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

salmon stalker

« Reply #33 on: Mar 21, 2012, 10:32 AM »
8lb....I won the contest then. LOL

I am running 6#, people are even doing big numbers on 4# now, you have the correct gear to use that light leader. Why go heavy? You can only keep 1 fish, enjoy more action is my thought process. It's the tug thats the drug.  :D
The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #34 on: Mar 21, 2012, 10:57 AM »
8lb....I won the contest then. LOL

I am running 6#, people are even doing big numbers on 4# now, you have the correct gear to use that light leader. Why go heavy? You can only keep 1 fish, enjoy more action is my thought process. It's the tug thats the drug.  :D

In that faster water, you may need the heavier line to keep the fish from breaking it....sure you can use 6lb or 8lb....and look at you talking like you are a pro, you gotta land one of those beasts first before you can go giving advice LOL

Unless its a beast going on my wall, I will be releasing them all anyways.
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

waterwolf603

« Reply #35 on: Mar 21, 2012, 11:06 AM »
I am definately running 8 # I release all mine aswell unless I am in a part of the river (outside the fly zone) and catch a stud for the wall... we just talked to Phil and he said they are really whackin em up there now cant freaaaakin wait... I just took monday off to go walleye fishin too I am going on a fishing bonanza the next few days so pumped

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #36 on: Mar 21, 2012, 11:32 AM »
You are gonna have a great trip Eric, besides you get to hang with me so its gonna be SICK!! hahaa Phil is a good guy......lots of the people up there dont think really highly of him, but I liked him.

waterwolf603

« Reply #37 on: Mar 21, 2012, 11:40 AM »
You are gonna have a great trip Eric, besides you get to hang with me so its gonna be SICK!! hahaa Phil is a good guy......lots of the people up there dont think really highly of him, but I liked him.

right on brotha you mean WE are going to have a great trip you better be ready to toast some brews after the whoopin we put on dem der steelies ay!!! Phil is the man he tells it like it is calls a spade a spade and doesnt sugar coat it, SOME people are just to sensitive and cant handle guys like that I for one respect the heck out of a dude that isnt afraid to say it like it is, not to mention he is a great guide and just all around stand up dude..

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #38 on: Mar 21, 2012, 11:47 AM »
right on brotha you mean WE are going to have a great trip you better be ready to toast some brews after the whoopin we put on dem der steelies ay!!! Phil is the man he tells it like it is calls a spade a spade and doesnt sugar coat it, SOME people are just to sensitive and cant handle guys like that I for one respect the heck out of a dude that isnt afraid to say it like it is, not to mention he is a great guide and just all around stand up dude..

I agree with you 100% he has been very good to me, even when I wasnt staying at his lodge!! Beer's Friday night, you are on!!!

$10 pool, your crew and my crew, we all throw in, biggest steelie in length wins  the pool, picture with tape measure is the proof. :-)

waterwolf603

« Reply #39 on: Mar 21, 2012, 02:47 PM »
I agree with you 100% he has been very good to me, even when I wasnt staying at his lodge!! Beer's Friday night, you are on!!!

$10 pool, your crew and my crew, we all throw in, biggest steelie in length wins  the pool, picture with tape measure is the proof. :-)

I will pass the word on to the boys I am in but that means that I will NOT win because I literally have the worst luck ever haha but it keeps things interesting!!!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #40 on: Mar 21, 2012, 03:35 PM »
Exactly my thoughts! It will pay for someones license and a few pops ;-)

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #41 on: Mar 21, 2012, 07:22 PM »
In that faster water, you may need the heavier line to keep the fish from breaking it....sure you can use 6lb ....and look at you talking like you are a pro, you gotta land one of those beasts first before you can go giving advice LOL

Unless its a beast going on my wall, I will be releasing them all anyways.

I would definitely go with the 8lb Scott, Especially if the water is high/faster. If you get a good fish on and he hits the current going down stream you might as well kiss em good bye! I'd rather hook less but land more. Especially if you get a Big Steelie on! With the higher water, the clarity wont be as good either so you can get away with heavier line. My Buddy (a Guide I know) out there has been getting some BIG Chrome this winter... I'd hate to have a good fish on and be helpless when he decides to run! It all comes down to personal preferrance I guess.

When I go, I always have two rods and an extra reel or two in my backpack. I also pre-tie multiple leaders of diffent Lb test. This way if I am on the fish I dont need to waste as much time if I need to adapt/change presentations etc.  Be Prepared and spend more time Fishin than fiddlin' with the gear. Good Luck out there guys!  ;)  

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #42 on: Mar 21, 2012, 07:37 PM »
1800CFS until Midnight tomorrow night according to the latest reports.....i will be at the smally creek on Friday and hope for good news for Saturday morning. Will probably use the 6lb once I get there and when i switch over to the Salmon move to the 8lb.

Thanks for the advice Keith!!

-Scott

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #43 on: Mar 21, 2012, 07:44 PM »
1800CFS until Midnight tomorrow night according to the latest reports.....i will be at the smally creek on Friday and hope for good news for Saturday morning. Will probably use the 6lb once I get there and when i switch over to the Salmon move to the 8lb.

Thanks for the advice Keith!!

-Scott

I've had plenty of Big Fish on out there Scott. Lost the two Biggest I've ever hooked (17-20Lb Steelies) because they hit the fast water and there was nothing I could do but watch the drag go :-\ ::) Remember the fish out there arent the 2-5lbers we have here...lol If You get a 12lb+ Steelie on, He's gonna give ya a fight! 8)

waterwolf603

« Reply #44 on: Mar 22, 2012, 07:45 AM »
I actually picked up some 10lb test too my Buddy Jay at the Taxidermy suggested it with these high levels.. Keith I am with you I would rather land more any day than hook up more granted fighting em is fun still heartbreaking when they get off

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.