FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mountain Mama's Debut  (Read 6222 times)

grumpymoe

Mountain Mama's Debut
« on: Oct 17, 2004, 06:33 PM »
Mountain Mama is one of our newer members on Iceshanty.com  waiting to make her first post....(my wife Nancy)...hardwater life buddy....trying to think of what her first topic would be.....she ventured out to visit the grandchildren, daughter and son in law over the weekend...plans were to have a late breakfast in the shanty...even though its not on the ice yet....a few minutes before expected arrival...phone rings....come pick me up please...i am cold....i just rolled the Tracker!!!!!!....jump in the truck and head east.....she's thankfully ok....but shaken as anyone who rolled at highway speed.....what happened was instant black ice.......no warning....just a change in elevation and whammo........instant sale to the insurance company.....a few bruises i am sure...but at least she's ok....Grump                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Re: Mountain Mama's Debut
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2004, 06:48 PM »
holy moly grump thank god shes ok!!that looks like it could have been much worse!!i guess that makes Mountain Mama the first member to hit the ice this year!!!all kidding aside, I,m very happy to hear Nancy is alright!
Scotty 

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2004, 06:55 PM »
Well all I have to say is thank god you are okay nancy. Girl there are other ways of getting your first post. ;) ;) Yes the weather has been darn cold the last couple of days. For those that are not aware the grumpster and Nancy only live approx 1/2 hr north east of me. The highway around here is not in that type of shape so far. I however am on the road daily at 5:00 AM. Thanks for the warning grumpy. Well nancy just sit back in the shanty and enjoy a nice glass of wine or two. Hopefully you do not wake up tommorrow with a sore back or neck. Take care and let the grumpster baby you for a few days.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2004, 09:57 PM »
Thank god your alright Nancy that musta been a hell of a scary ride :oI'm just glad you are o k and I know Grump will take very good care of you rest up there girl!

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2004, 10:33 PM »
My golly, Nancy, I'm glad you walked away from that!  I see the driver's front window is cracked, hope that wasn't from any part of you, that would hurt!  I also suspect you're going to be sore for a while, but hopefully, you'll be up to putting in your first post soon.  We'll be waiting for it!  All the best, Allen.

trapperdirk

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2004, 01:14 AM »
Well thank god she's alright Grumpy . So now I can cuss and say " when are them women drivers gonna learn that pedal down doesn't mean to the floor " . Speed demons they are . LOL ;D ;) Only reason to go fast anywhere is to make the beer store before she closes . LOL ;D
  Tell Mountain Mama it's just a chunk of metal and they make more where that one came from .

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Jigwiggler

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2004, 09:43 AM »
WOW!  Glad to hear everyone is OK!!  Very lucky!  I was a passenger in a roll-over 12 years ago and still have aches, pains and plenty of scars to remind me of it.  You take care Mountain Mama and rest up and keep those wheels under ya from now on!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2004, 11:45 AM »
i will pass on the kind words...Mountain Mama is currently up at the hospital getting precautionary x-rays, a shot of demerol...Sawbones saw her this morning and not too overly concerned with her vertigo...figures they can give her head a shake and reposition the crystals for regaining her balance...some pretty nasty bruises as expected....the demerol will ease that....worst case is an overnighter there....will know after lunch....Grump

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2004, 12:28 PM »
Holly Molly! Glad she's alright. Look's liket that thing has a five star in the roll over catagory. :-\
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

slipbob

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2004, 03:29 PM »
First I'm glad she's okay as we are heading into that season here and I'll be getting lots of calls soon from my clients crashing their cars as car insurance is my life, so to speak.  It pays the bills and is what I do all day, every day.  Accidents suck.

Only reason to go fast anywhere is to make the beer store before she closes . LOL ;D

Secondly trapperdirk is absolutely right.  We all need to slow down when it's slippery out unless we are making a last minute run to the local bevy center.  If you have only 5 minutes to make it before closing you must drive fast and take chances.  ;D   A night at home with "she the one who must be obeyed" and no beer would be unacceptable.  ;D

turkeyhunter10ga

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Glad to hear that Mtnmama is alright , i get to see that type of accident all too often , being a term. mgr for a towing co. and still do some driving when necessary . Hope she feels better from all those aches and pains and sore muscles from the accident . Remember vehicles can be replaced - lives can't !

grumpymoe

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2004, 08:03 PM »
it was my husband that posted all the reports, but i have to say THANKYOU! it  was so great that i got the support. you're a great bunch of guys. thanks again! by the way i'm fine. ....mountainmama

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2004, 08:13 PM »
That a girl mountain momma. You are tougher then a one eyed perch caught between two hungry pike. ;D ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2004, 09:41 PM »
That a girl mountain momma. You are tougher then a one eyed perch caught between to hungry pike. ;D ;D ;D
Lol Bw ;D Glad to hear your alright Mountain momma !!!

trapperdirk

« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2004, 10:57 PM »
Good to hear from you Mountain Momma but I see the Grump is cheating and getting you to post under his name to get his ratings up higher faster . LOL ;D . It would be nice if you gave us all the dirt on our friend the Grumpy Moe because it's going to be a long winter and we need many things to tease him about on Iceshanty and here . LOL ;)
  Take care Momma and keep the Grump behaving . LOL

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.