FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Orman  (Read 31707 times)

KingCat

Re: Orman
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 11:51 AM »
wy-joe - do you happen to have results of the tourney? Did you fish, how'd you do?

Wy-Joe

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 03:04 PM »
No, I didn't fish this year. From what I hear the fish cooperated a little. The weather, well it hardly ever cooperates. If I find out the results, I will post.

jgouldin

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Fishing from shore has been fun and all but dads new boat is about in and was wonder if anyone has been doing anygood  from a boat and really wondering if anyone has been pluging and catching anything.

jgouldin

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Well went out for the last time in the canoe and did pretty good  hit four between 18 and 19 ,  one really nice 24in  just shy of six pounds, one slot and one 14.75 all in about three hours in the canoe so really looking forward to the boat coming soon.  We were plugging off fruitdale pt.  lots of boats seemed to be out fishing the area.

tehwarrior50

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 02:30 PM »
went out Saturday caught two small ones. still working on this whole boat thing.

KingCat

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 11:47 AM »
doing OK on bouncers and those pulling cranks were doing well. haven't been out there in a couple weeks, just got back from Devils Lake were we hammered pike, eyes and bass. going to be tough to get back on Orman  ;D

jgouldin

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 02:30 PM »
I caught me first northern(30 in.) out of orman yesterday.   I have fished that lake for over 20 years and never caught one.  I was in the cannal using worms and minnows caught her on a minnow. No eyes yesterday only sucker fish.

KingCat

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 04:45 PM »
Good stuff! I'll be at Orman this weekend, rain, shine or wind!

jgouldin

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 06:30 PM »
Fished this weekend with decent luck eyes from shore in the evening and plugging in the canoe for a couple hours each day. best part was my brother in law found a dead walleye 31in. long.  no marks or anything on it and pretty fresh still had some red in the gills so that was pretty cool.   Walleyes seemed to be deeper then the last couple weeks caught them as deep as 24 with plugs

KingCat

« Reply #39 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:55 AM »
the fish did move a little deeper i think. fished sunday and had to move deeper, and only action was on crawlers. did have a couple hits on cranks but we were too slow in getting to the rods. oh well. fished mid-day, bite seemed to improve quite a bit around 3 p.m., right when we had to get off the water. jgouldin, i think i saw your canoe last weekend, i'll have to drop by.

jgouldin

« Reply #40 on: Jun 04, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Ya the canoe was out last weekend but we should be done taking that out i will be in a new 16 blue crestliner.  I think i will be out sun. Dont know where we will fish though.  What kinda cranks were you pulling if you dont mind me asking we have had good luck with cranks so far this year.

KingCat

« Reply #41 on: Jun 05, 2012, 10:09 AM »
i tried a Salmo hornet, Flicker Shad and Firetiger Rapala. The Rapala had the hits. I"m stocking up on some new ones this weekend. Had a nice size collection of cranks but had them stolen when i was in Devils Lake last year, and haven't built up the collection again yet.

jgouldin

« Reply #42 on: Jun 05, 2012, 07:51 PM »
I would suggest some reef runner  deep divers (800 series) I have good luck with them and they are not as spendy as Rapala.  I also use the flicker shad and rapala also.  Ormans best colors for me have been black&silver, perch, white, or purple tiger (purple tiger was a favorite when i was a kid too.  Everyone has their own favorites though.

Rippinglips

« Reply #43 on: Mar 19, 2013, 04:17 AM »
Hows the fishng been?

jgouldin

« Reply #44 on: Mar 26, 2013, 10:21 PM »
Has anyone heard of a fishing tournement at orman this summer?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.